Chapter 5

It had been a month since Peter had come to Avengers Tower. He was getting along with everyone really well and they all seemed to like him.

"So Pete how'd you get your powers?" the team was sitting in the living room having lunch.

"I was bit by a radioactive spider." He put it simply.

Clint laughed "Funny. But seriously how'd it happen?"

Peter laughed "I am being serious! I was on a school trip to a science lab. They were doing experiments on spiders using radioactive materials. Unfortunately one of them got out. And it decided it wanted to bite me."

Next it was Natasha's turn "So what made you become a hero?"

Peter looked down a bit "I didn't initially want to be a hero. I thought I'd use my powers to get money for wrestling. Well one night there was a robbery. I security guard was chasing a guy down the hall towards an elevator. I could have stopped him but I chose not to. That night my uncle was murdered. When I found the guy it turned out to be the same man from before. The one I didn't stop. My uncle always told me "With great power comes great responsibility." So after that I took his advice. I used my powers to help people."

Everyone was touched. Natasha nodded "That was a very honorable thing to do."

After that everyone went around telling about how they got their powers. Although this really only meant it was Steve and Bruce given that the other three didn't have powers and Thor was just born with his.

(A/N - Wow... these chapters have really gotten short... oops :) remember with great power comes great responsibility!)