Chapter 2- A New Wardrobe?

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock screaming Firework by Katy Perry. It was one of the on,y songs annoying enough to make me want to get up just so I could turn it off. But for some odd reason this morning I just laid in bed and let it play. It was 6:45 A' I had 1 hour and 15 minutes to finish packing and get ready.

I pretty much packed all of my belongings into a small duffle bag and a school backpack.

I looked in the mirror and sighed. I used to be the prettiest girl at my school. I wasn't popular but everyone knew me. I have long brown hair with a beautiful natural wave, I am not skinny but not fat, I have green eyes and a smile like Hilary Duff. Some people may call it cute, I just think it makes me look happy all the time, I hate it.

Even though I was the prettiest girl in school I always reeked of cigarette smoke until I moved in here and got lung cancer. I never really had a boyfriend because of that reason and when I got in foster care I found out I had cancer so I have been taking school online.

I haven't lost any hair from chemo or anything and if you were to see me on my good days you probably could even tell I had cancer. But i did.

But back to getting ready. I brushed my teeth and decided to straighten my hair, it always looked the best straight. I finished my hair and pinned back my bangs after that I went to my closet and saw a dress hanging up.... I packed all my clothes, and I dint have a dress... Where did this come from? I walked over to it and realized there was a note attached to it that read

Here is a dress for you to wear I know you don't have any new clothes and I thought you might like it.

. I'll miss you! Love, Cassy!

Cassy was my CPS Director. The dress was black lace skater style with a bow cut out in the back. It hugged my body just perfect. I walked over to my dressing table to do my makeup and spotted a silver chain necklace that said 'm' on the charm. It looked expensive, there was also a note beside it that said

Thought you could also use this to spice up your look.

I let out a slight laugh and mumbled to myself "what would I do without you Cassy."

I put on the necklace as well as the necklace from my shoe box that had a key and on the back said 'stay strong love Lucy' I wore that necklace every single day. One time a doctor tried to take it off me before chemo and I told him if he was to take it off he might as well just kill me now cause I wasn't gonna go into that room without it around my neck. And he simply turned and rolled me into the room with no more discussion.

My door began to open and I grabbed the closest thing to me, the lamp, I didn't know who was entering. Who was up at 7 on a weekend in summer? Cassy that's who.

Cassy entered the room and threw her arms up in surrender. " A lamp really?"

"It was the closest thing I could find." I said as I set the lamp back on the night stand.

"So you like the dress and the necklace and th-" she paused looking around the room.

"The?"

"I left you a pair of black high heels that went with the dress that I had in the back go my closet. I left them under your desk... But your not wearing them and there not under your desk."

Heels? I have never worn heels a day in my life... And I didn't see any heels under my desk.

"Maybe you left them in your closet?" I suggested.

"We will stop by there on the way there?" She stated but said as a question.

"I can wear my vans. It's not that big of a deal."

"No you will not wear those vans with this dress. We can stop by my house I actually have a couple pairs of shoes I was just gonna give to goodwill along with some clothes that are to small for me if you want to try them while we are there?"

"....umm I guess so... Why not." I answered and I walked into the bathroom washed my face out on some mascara and lip gloss cause that's all I really needed and before I knew it we were in the car headed to Cassy's house. And then off to some random strangers house.