Chapter 1

Home. Oh how I missed that ranch I called by that name. Ugh. The smell of horses, leather, and wild plants flooded my senses once more as my head lay in my arms. Why didn't I fight harder? Why didn't I scream louder? I felt a nudge into my shoulder, pulling me from my thinking. I looked up to see the big brown eyes of my horse, Pene. I smiled slightly and kissed her nose. I got up and have her a hug around the neck. "Don't worry girlie. I am gonna get us out of here..."

A few days before...

     Beep, beep, beep. Beep, beep, beep. My eyes fluttered opened to the annoying sound of my phone alarm. I smacked my phone screen to turn it off. Kit-Kat noticed I was awake and swiftly jumped onto my chest to lick my face. I stirred and pulled the covers over my face. "Ugghh..." I said aloud. I laid there quiet for a second and then thought about Pene's begging face saying "Feed Me" around it. Awwe. I had to get up. I pulled myself from the warm cocoon I called my bed and stretched. Kit-Kat danced around on the floor wagging her stub of a tail. I looked down and giggled at her, reaching down and rubbing her head.
      I pulled on a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and my square-toed boots. I pulled my hair back into two dutch braids. I slapped on a coat of mascara and deodorant and headed down to the kitchen.
      "Good morning, Sweetheart!", my mom chimed. My dad sat at the table and smiled at me. Mom turned and went to hand me a plate with two pieces of raisin bread toast. "Good morning, Mom and Dad!" I replied, giving her a kiss on the cheek and grabbing the toast to put in my mouth. I gave Dad a hug before throwing my back pack over my shoulders. "Love you! See you after school!" I said to them with a warm smile as I headed out the door. Before I shut it, I placed a kiss on Kit-Kat's head. They replied back with an "I love you".
     I walked down the steps from the door and b-lined towards the barn. As I made it through the barn entrance I tossed my bag onto the ground. I smiled when I saw Pene look at me from her stall. She whinnied and bobbed her head. "Good morning, Pene!" I gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Then, I walked over to the grain barrels, put together her food, and proceeded to put it in her bucket. Pene happily munched on her breakfast. I brushed her and petted her as she ate. When she was done, I picked up her halter, put it over her head, and led her out to the pasture. I patted her shoulder. "I will see you later!", I said as I picked up my bag and ran out to the bus that had just pulled in. It was time to head to school...

Hey guys! It's the author here! I hope you enjoyed this first chapter of the story! I apologize if it was a bit boring, but I hope you stay to read the rest! I promise it will become more exciting in the next few chapters!