Chapter 6

*The Next Monday*
Skylar's POV
"16534" I whispered to myself . Click. My locker opened up with ease. I placed a part of my school supplies in to my locker and left some in my bag. When finished, I zipped up my bag and shut my locker. Looking down the hall, I noticed Kylie isn't at her locker. "That's weird..." Kylie hadn't missed a day of school in I didn't know how long. The last time I had seen Kylie was last Friday when I talked to her after school and I couldn't go on a ride. I had texted her over the weekend but she didn't answer. "Maybe her bus is late?" I began walking down the hall to see that the kids that ride the bus with her were already at school. "What the heck?" The bell rang and I had to go to class. "I guess I will text her later then? Hopefully she will answer." Confused, I began walking to class.

Kylie's POV
The truck had been moving for an hour or two from where we had stopped the night before. The couple had kept feeding me (of course I fed it to my babies) and kept giving me water. These people wanted me alive and to get as far away from my town as possible I guess. There was no understanding this situation. The only things that kept me sane were my animals and The Lord.
     Sitting in the corner of the truck, I thought about everything that had happened.
Home.
Oh how I missed the ranch I called by that name. Ugh. The smell of horses, leather, and wild plants flooded my senses once more as my head lay in my arms. Why didn't I fight harder? Why didn't I scream louder? I felt a nudge into my shoulder, pulling me from my thinking. I looked up to see the big brown eyes of my horse, Pene. I smiled slightly, and kissed her nose. I got up and gave her a hug around the neck. "Don't worry girlie. I am gonna get us out of here..."
I had been trying to think of a way to escape but it was so difficult with how my brain was scattered. And then it came to me...
The truck turned and came to a stop. I began hitting the front wall and yelling my brains out. The man came to the back and opened the door up. "What?!" He whisper yelled at me. We were behind a gas station in the middle of what looked like no where. Kit-Kat growled. "I need to go to the restroom!" I begged. He looked around. "Fine! Come on! But leave your little posse..." he replied with a snarl. I jumped out and looked at Pene and Kit-Kat, "I will be right back girls." He shut down the door and followed me into the gas station. "Go in and come straight back out." He ordered. "Fine." I said, giving him the dirtiest look possible. I walked into the restroom and peeked out to see the man looking at the candy. I scanned the aisles close to the bathroom door. It was some camping supplies. I went to the restroom, but when I came out, I didn't go straight back. Ducking behind the shelves, I grabbed a pocket knife, some paracord, a lighter, a small flare, a small satellite phone, and a few freeze dried foods. I stuffed the items in my clothing and tried making them unnoticeable. I then returned to the man. We walked out the door and back to the Uhaul. I went back into it, but before he shut the doors back down the women came around the corner and started arguing with him. I glanced at Pene. She still had on all her tack from when I was riding her. While the woman and man were distracted, I slowly moved the items into a saddle bag I had. I picked up Kit-Kat and with a capital G-O, I swung myself up onto Pene's back and pushed my heals into her sides. I blew threw the woman and man, pushing them both down to the ground. As fast as we could, the three of us ran off into a close forest area.
"Dang It! You fool!" I heard the woman say behind me. All I could do was smile.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Leave some feedback if you'd like! Thanks for reading!! ☺️💖