Chapter 5

"Momma! Daddy!" I ran full sprint and jumped in to my parents arms. Kit-Kat wagged all around. Pene stood next to all of us. I embraced them tightly, as they did the same. Skylar came from around the corner and called out my name. I quickly wrapped my arms around her. Suddenly, a loud banging noise came from behind us.

BAM. BAM. BAM.

My eyes burst open. Kit-Kat growled and barked at the door. It was a dream. "BREAKFAST TIME!" Called the evil voice from out side. They rolled up the door. I covered my eyes with my hands and groaned. The woman from the day before slid a bowl to me, along with a bottle of water that was thrown. "What do you want from me!?" I screamed at her. Kit-Kat barked. All she did was look at me, laugh, and shut down the door again. I rolled my eyes and sat up. I peered into the bowl that sat in front of me, only to see a mystery slop. I couldn't eat. My stomach was only twisted in anger. I was still trying to take in the fact that I was kid napped...
     I examined the contents. Using my finger, I looked through it to make sure there wasn't anything obviously bad, then smelling it. It seemed pretty "okay"... Kit-Kat and Pene stared at me. I then called Kit-Kat over and let her eat half of the food. Contently, she gobbled it up. I pulled it away and walked over to Pene. She sniffed it and decided to eat the rest. I decided it was best to save the water. I wasn't sure when they would give us more.
       Leaning against the side of the truck, I began thinking. These people needed to keep me alive. If they didn't, they wouldn't have given me food. Nothing was making sense. From what I saw when the door was opened, it looked like we were in some sort of parking lot. It didn't look familiar. The truck soon started moving again. Where were we going? And what was going to happen when we got there?

Mom's POV
     Andrew and I laid silent in our bed. The sun had risen already, but neither of us had slept a wink. We took turns getting up in the night to check and see if Kylie had made it back. Also praying non-stop. But as we feared, she never came. I stared up at the ceiling fan, trying to take in what was going on. "I am going to go make some coffee..." Andrew states as he gets up. I got up and followed. As I passed Kylie's door, I peered inside. No Kylie. I sighed, still praying.
     Once down stairs, Andrew had already started a pot of coffee. He poured each of us a cup. I took a sip and looked over to him. "It's time to call the police..." Andrew nodded in agreement.
     I almost ran to grab my phone. Quickly, I typed in 9-1-1. The phone rang, seeming like forever. Finally, someone came to the phone.

"Hello, what is your Emergency?"

"Yes! I need to report a missing persons. Our Daughter Kylie hasn't returned home from early yesterday evening..." I said, my voice crackling with every word.

"Okay, and where was the last time you saw Kylie?" The operator asked.

"Here, at home, before she headed out to ride her horse."

"Do you know where she was headed?"

"She always goes on a close back rode close to the house. Then stops at a cross road to rest." I replied. The conversation went on until the person over the phone had gained all the information the police needed. They told us they would have flyers up as soon as possible and would call if they learned anything. When I hung up the phone, tears were rolling down my cheeks. I fell to my knees and began praying. We needed all the guidance we could get.

Enjoying the story so far? Leave a comment! Thank you so much for reading! I hope you stick around for the next chapter! I am sorry if the story isn't as great as you'd like it to be. I promise I will try to make it better and the chapters longer! ☺️❤️