Forty One

My next class was literature and I really wasn't feeling it. I wandered around the school until I found a door that led outside. I smirked and walked round the back of the school, leaning back against the wall and reaching into my jacket pockets that I had luckily left my cigarettes in.

I took one out of the packet and slipped it into the back of my jeans. I then grabbed my lighter and lit the cigarette, sighing in content.

I was alone for a while, but then I footsteps and I looked to the side as the silver haired guy and Asian guy walked round the corner. There eyes landed on me and they seemed surprised to see me.

"First day and you're already skipping," the silver haired guy called and they walked up to me. "Are you going to walk off if we talk to you?"

"Not if the conversation is interesting," I shrugged.

"Why are you here?" The guy asked.

"Bored," I sighed and I pushed myself off the wall, but I didn't get far. The guy grabbed my shoulder and pushed me back. "Jesus, what's your problem!"

"I'm trying to talk to you," the guy snapped.

"Well I'm not interested," I said and glared at the guy. "Let go of me."

"Answer the damn question," he scowled. "Why has a group of you moved in across the road from us!"

I shoved the guy away from me and crossed my arms over my chest. "Touch me again and you and your fucking silver dyed hair will regret it!"

"You can talk, look at yours," the guy snapped.

"Mine is natural!" I said.

"And so is mine," the guy growled.

"Great, well now that's all cleared up, I'm going," I snapped and walked forward. I ducked under the guy's arm as he reached out for me and span round, directing a quick jab to his jaw. "Don't touch me!"

The guy seemed shocked, but the punch didn't hurt him, I barely put any power behind it.

"Is that where you got all of those bruises? From fighting?" The guy asked.

"No, I walked into a door," I yelled and walked away from him. "Asshole!"

*

I sat down opposite Tom and Carter at lunch and they raised their eyebrows at me. "You look angry," Carter said warily. "Angry Daisy is never good."

"Then be nice to me and there won't be any problems," I said.

"What made you so angry?"

"Just some kid," I muttered.

"Guys!" I looked over at Mason who was calling us. "Over here!"

"Who's he with?" Tom asked.

"He's made friends already!" Carter gasped. "Not fair."

My eyes landed on the people they were talking about and I scowled. "You guys go, I'm staying here."

"Don't be such a bore," Carter whined as he and Tom stood.

"Not in the mood," I said coldly and caught eyes with the silver haired guy. He sat down with his friends opposite Mason, Jack, and Beth and I glared at him.

"Oi, sweetcheeks!" Mason called and I moved my gaze to him. "Get your ass over here."

I stuck my middle finger up at him and shook my head.

"What's her problem?" The silver haired guy asked, his eyes still on me.

"She's a bitch," Mason shrugged and I picked up the bottle of water in front of me and threw it at him, hitting him on the back of the head. "Hey!" He gasped and I smiled at him.

"What?" I said and shrugged my shoulders. "I'm a bitch."

"Daisy, stop being yourself," Beth said and pouted. "Come keep a girl company."

"In your dreams," I scoffed.

"Eli, get her over here," Beth sighed as Eli walked up to the table.

"Who?" He asked.

"Little Miss Friendly," Jack said and jabbed his finger in my direction. "Who do you think?"

"Just leave her there if she wants to be unsociable," Eli shrugged and his eyes landed on the silver haired guy and he raised his eyebrows. "Are you going to tell me to shut the hell up again?" He asked threateningly.

"Sorry, man, I had a bad morning," the silver haired guy said smoothly. "I didn't mean to take it out on you."

Eli nodded curtly. "She won't be as forgiving," he said and nodded to me.

The silver haired guy nodded. "I'll take your word for it."

"I can hear you all, you know. I'm on a different table, not room," I snapped.

"Then you might as well join us then, princess," Eli called and looked over his shoulder to me. "You're meant to be making an effort."

"I never agreed to that," I said.

"Daisy!" Beth whined. "Come on."

"For crying out loud," I snapped and stood up. "Fine."

I walked over to the table and took the only spare seat, next to Eli and opposite the silver haired guy.

"Guys, this is Sammy, Kyle, Ivan, Lee and Jasper," Mason said.

Jasper, the silver haired guy, looked at me. "I know Daisy, that's it."

"You've met?"

"We've had a run in," I scowled and Mason introduced the others.

"What happened to your face?" Sammy asked me and I glanced at Eli with a scowl. He smirked slightly.

"Prison," Eli answered for me. "Most probably."

"Prison?" Sammy repeated and I rolled my eyes.

"You did see me turn up to the house in a police car. Where did you think I had been? Narnia?" I said.

"What did you do?" Jasper asked slowly, staring at me intensely.

"What hasn't she done," Mason smirked.

"Have you killed someone?" Sammy asked.

"Loads," I said.

"Funny," Jasper sneered.

Little did he know it was true.

"How come you've all come to the orphanage?" Ivan wondered, he was the blond guy and Kyle was the Asian guy.

Mason glanced at Eli who shrugged. "You can tell them, I don't care."

I looked at the five guys in front of us and frowned. They all seemed very interested in us, and what a coincidence they lived opposite the orphanage. I caught Eli's eye and he nodded, confirming my thoughts.

It had been less than a day and we had already met agents from the other agency.