Forty Two

UNKNOWN

"Dad," the guy said as he walked into his fathers office. "I've found her."

The man sat up in his chair and looked at his son. "Are you sure?"

"Positive. She's the one who killed the agent."

"Good work, bring her in to be questioned and then we'll arrest her and send her to prison," the man said sharply.

"Dad, have you seen a picture of her?" The guy asked and walked up to his fathers desk.

"No, just bring her in," the man snapped.

The guy took the picture of the girl and slid it across her desk. "Her name is Daisy Kellerman, and I think you should take a look," the guy said and the man sighed, picking up the crumpled picture. His expression darkened and he stiffened.

"Bring her in," the man said immediately. "I don't care how and find out everything you can about her."

"So I assume I wasn't making a random guess about who she is," the guy said and the man took a deep breath.

"Bring her in. I don't care how you do it. We'll have answers then."

*

"So, how did today go?" Blake asked later on that day. We were all seated in the room where we were 'allowed' to discuss the mission.

"We've ID'd some possible agents," Eli said and everyone turned to him with wide eyes.

"You guys didn't notice?" I asked and scoffed. "Well, this mission is going to go well."

"Who?" Beth asked.

"The guys Mason introduced us to at lunch," Eli said, as if everyone as was stupid for not noticing.

"The ones that live opposite us," I added.

"Did none of you think the amount of questions they were asking was a bit odd? They all seemed very interested," Eli said. "The house across from the orphanage is an ideal location as well."

Blake nodded. "Well, work with what we know. Try and find out for definite whether they are agents or not. Has anyone else found anything else out?"

"I have," I said. "I fucking hate school."

*

It was dark when I left the house. I had to get out of there. It was like living in a mental house. I sighed, put my earphones in and set off at a run. I didn't know where I was going, I just needed to run to let off some steam.

I remembered Harriet saying something about how we couldn't leave the house after 10pm, but I didn't care. Kent was there, constantly saying irrelevant comments that made me want to punch him, Emma and her fake nails were always in sight and I couldn't walk past Penny without her cowering away from me. Everyone else... Well they were just fucking annoying.

I ran and I ran, I didn't know how long had passed when I phone rang and I slowed to a stop, answering it.

"Blake, what a pleasure," I said sarcastically.

"Where are you, Daisy? You know you're not allowed to leave past 10pm," Blake said.

"Chill," I said and started walking down the dark path. "It's not like I'm going around killing people. I'm just out for a run."

"Come back, now."

"I think I'm going to stay out a little longer."

"Daisy-"