Forty Three

One hour:

Nothing had happened.

Two hours:

Still nothing.

Three hours:

I was getting pissed off.

Four-

The door swung open and I looked up, crossing my arms over my chest. "Nice of you to pop in," I said and narrowed my eyes at the man who walked in. He was around 40 with light blonde hair that was cropped neatly. He had piercing blue eyes and was wearing dark jeans and a white button up shirt.

Somehow, he pulled it off, managing to look relatively cool, but also quite scary.

I stood up and leant back against the mirror as Jasper entered the room and shut the door behind him.

The man looked at me. He stood still. Stiff. But his blue eyes looked me over, darting from side to side. "Sit, Daisy," he said and walked over to the table in the middle of the room. He took a seat and looked up at me.

"I'm good here," I said and eyed him and Jasper cautiously.

"I'm sorry about the way we had to get you here-"

"Are you?" I challenge and the man narrowed his eyes at me, not happy about being interrupted.

"I hear you put up quite a fight."

"It's amazing what a girl can do when she's being kidnapped," I said, directing a cold look to Jasper.

"He was only following orders," the man said. "Please sit, Daisy."

"I'm fine here," I snapped. "And after being left in here for hours I am rather cranky and would like to know what the hell is going on!"

The man didn't seemed fazed at my yelling. He reached into his pocket and placed something on the table. "Do you know what this is?"

"No, and I have no intention of finding out."

"Just look at it," Jasper said and I regarded him with a look before walking over to the table and looking at the piece of paper the man had slid onto the table.

I frowned. "It's me," I said and picked up the picture, scanning it careful.

"Can you think of anything else to do with that picture?" The man asked, leaning forward and staring at me intently.

Suddenly it clicked.

"Shit," I mumbled. It was taken outside of his house. It was taken the night I killed Michael Moore.

"The penny has dropped," the man said triumphantly. "That image of you was all we got before the security cameras cut out."

I noticed Eli's leg in the background. I was the only person they knew was there.

I dropped the photo on the table. "So?"

"What did you do when you broke into that house, Daisy?" The man asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Commented on the fancy cheese in the fridge," I said and the man's eyes darkened.

He pulled out another photo and I stiffened, taking a step back.

"Recognise him?" The man asked.

"Funnily enough, I can't forget him, no matter how hard I try," I said.

"Guilt is a bad feeling," the man nodded.

"I wouldn't know," I said.

Jasper's head shot to mine, it was a look of disgust. "You killed him and you don't feel guilty?"