2. Goodnight

"Well, obviously we can't separate you two." Shiro starts. "So, would you like to stay, (Y/N)?" he asks, already knowing the answer.

"Of course!" you reply happily.

"We can clean out a room for you," Allura says, clasping her hands together.

"Oooooooorrrrr... She can stay with me!" Lance says with a smirk, wiggling his eyebrows up and down at you. A faint pink blush makes its way to your cheeks. You nod shyly, looking at the floor.

"We can set up a second bed if you wish," Allura states.

"No need, princess, she can just sleep with me," Lance says, puffing out his chest. "Isn't that right?" he turns his attention towards you.

You keep your gaze at your feet as you nod, unable to say a word. He lays his arm around your shoulder and leads you to his room.

The door shuts behind you, making you jump.

He stands in front of you and cups your face in his hands.

"I can't figure out why, but whenever I look at you, my heart starts beating faster. Listen, I might not remember you exactly or remember anything that happened, but I can feel like there's something between us. I'm not sure what it is, it might simply be friendship. It might be my mind screaming at me to remember. I'm not sure what exactly it is that I feel with you, but I know that whatever it is, it's not a bad feeling." he sighs.

"Wow," you chuckle. "Just add some sappy love line and we could be our own fan-fiction."

"S-shut up!" he wraps his arms around your neck, pulling you into an embrace. You respond by wrapping yours around his back and burying your nose in his shoulder.

"I'm sorry," he whispers. You try to pull back to look at his face but he keeps his arms locked tight around your neck.

"For what? You haven't done anything wrong."

"For not remembering!" he says, tears pricking at the corners of his eyes.

"You know that's not your fault!" you say, trying to break out again. His strong arms hold tight, not letting you go.

"I know," he whispers, "but I also know that my not remembering hurts you,"

You don't respond, you're not sure what to say. You merely hug him tighter. You hold each other for a couple of minutes.

"Leo...?"

"Yeah?" he sniffles as he pulls away to look at you. You sigh and put your hands on his shoulders.

"It's not your fault, okay?" you say with an empathetic smile.

"But-" you silence him by putting up a hand and shaking your head.

"But nothing! It's not your fault!" you say sternly and raise a hand to his cheek. He leans into your touch, making the corners of your mouth turn up.

"You promise?" he says gingerly, putting a hand over yours.

"Promise."

You both stand there for a moment, getting lost in each other's eyes.

"You'll need clothes to sleep in," Lance says more to himself than to you before he turns around walks to his closet. He brings back a baseball tee and blue boxers and holds them out.

"They're clean, don't worry," he chuckles.

You take them from his hands gently as you mumble a 'Thank you'. 

You point at a door. "Is this the bathroom?" He nods and you walk in.

The counter holds different face masks, creams, and lotions.