9. Bruised

You walk into the hall with Keith after giving Lance a reassuring smile. The door slams shut and Keith grabs you by the shoulders.

"Don't let Lance take advantage of you! You're so small and helpless..." he speaks with pity in his eyes.

"But... I can teach you how not to be." He winks and you roll your eyes.

"He's not taking advantage of me." You glare at Keith.

"Yes, he is!!" Keith pushes you against the wall.

"And you can't defend yourself!" He says as he pulls you away from the wall, to slam you against it again. You wince slightly.

"That hurt didn't it?"

"Well duh!"

"I'm just trying to make a point okay?!"

"Your point: unmade... maybe try a less violent approach???" He growls at your sassiness and grabs your hair.

"What are you gonna do? You're tiny! You have no training! How would you stand up to me huh?!" He shakes your head with your hair in his hand.

"I'll ask you once. Please don't do that. It hurts." You speak quietly.

"Well, what are you gonna do about it?!" He shouts and shakes your head again, this time more roughly.

You grab his arm and maneuver it so it's in front of your lips. You bite down and sink your teeth into his flesh. He hisses and hits your lower abdomen.

You let go of him and groan. You wrap your arms around your stomach and you crumple to the floor.

"LANCE!" You call out as you start crying.

The door next to you opens. Lance walks out, ready to murder a bitch. He sees you on the ground. His expression changes to worry. He crouches down next to you.

"(Y/N)!! Are you okay?!" You cry harder and shake your head.

"He hit me really hard!!" You point at Keith.

"KEITH!!" Lance yells, eyes going dark. He stands and turns to Keith. Keith glances at you and you smirk at him.

He gasps. "She's fake crying!!" He says.

"NO IM NOOTTT" You cry even harder. Lance fumes. His face turns red from anger.

"Keith..." He says in a calm, scary, dark tone. This new tone coming from Lance startles Keith.

"What?" Keith crosses his arms.

Lance grabs him by the collar and picks him up. He pushes him against the wall. Keith's legs kick against the wall. Lance lifts a fist, ready to punch. Keith closes his eyes, embracing his fate.

You grab Lance's arm.

"Don't'..." you whisper in his ear.

"You guys are still teammates. I don't want to break that bond between you." You whisper. And it's true. You never meant for it to get this out of hand. Tears continue to fall down your cheeks.

"Plus I don't want you in trouble because of me.." you whisper.

Lance drops Keith and he falls to the floor. He looks up at Lance with anger.

"You should be grateful. If she weren't here... I would have beaten you to a pulp!" He growls.

"C'mon." You whisper and grab his arm. You pull him back to the bedroom. The door slams behind you. You jump at the sound, then wince at the pain from your abdomen.

He turns to look at you. He cups your face in his hands as he examines you.

"Where'd he hit you?" Lance asks with worry. You lay a hand on your stomach. Lance lowers himself to his knees. He lifts your shirt to inspect the damage. A bruise is already starting to form. Lance looks down.

"I'm gonna kill him." He growls.

"Lance..." You cup his face in your hands. You bring his face to look up at you.

"It's okay.. i-it doesn't hurt that much." You smile at him. Lance stands up. He wipes away the wet tears that remained on your cheeks. He pulls you into a hug. You inhale sharply at the pain.

"See! I knew it still hurt!" He pulls away.

"I-it doesn't hurt that much, though..." You look up at him.

"I don't believe you. I'm taking you to the infirmary."

"Lance, it's fine..."

"I'm taking you..., end of the conversation." he says firmly. You give him a look of worry.

He kisses you on the head when he stands. He takes your hand and leads you to the infirmary, passing Keith on the way.

"L-lance I-I'm really okay..." You whisper.

"Doesn't mean that I cant take you to the infirmary." He tugs you along.

"Lance please at least slow down" you whimper and wrap your free hand around your abdomen.

He stops in his tracks and turns to you. "Sorry," he whispers and smiles bashfully. He turns around, his back to you squats down and put his arms back.

"What?"

"Get on, I'll carry you~" he says not looking back. You blush and get on his back. He stands and hoists you up. You wrap your arms around his neck as he starts walking.

EDITED

820 words