Chapter 6 - Hurt

"A hundred years ago, in preparation for the foretold revival of Ganon, we strove to follow the lead of our ancestors of 10,000 years priror. But... in the end... despite our best efforts and careful planning, we underestimated his power. We must never make that mistake again... so please Link, and even (Y/N). Rescue our princess. You two are our last hope."

I suddenly felt paralyzed as Impa mentioned my name. It makes me feel happy, though it also feels like I'm a burden to everyone. I don't know why, maybe it's just my nature... At least I hope so.

"I'll do anything possible to rescue Zelda. And (Y/N) will help me, right, (Y/N)?"

I bet I looked like someone who saw ghosts in their home. I didn't expect such a question from Link. I didn't want to say anything stupid, so I just nodded in agreement.

"Yeah... of course I will...!"

_________________________________________________

After that, we went outside and got some fresh air. I felt dizzy after this story and still can't believe anything. I trust Impa, yes, but I can tell she doesn't trust me that much. Yet. There must have been something in my past that caused this little drama between us I guess. 

We decided to leave Kakariko as soon as possible, which would be tomorrow morning. Meanwhile we were staying in a 'hotel' here. The payment was actually quite cheap, 20 rupees per person. I paid for both of us, since Link always spends his money on arrows and such.

As we were brought to our rooms, I dropped everything and threw myself on the comfy bed, not caring about the clothes I wore. I sighed heavily and Link was in the bathroom, adjusting his ponytail once again. He noticed my bad mood immediately and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Hey, are you okay? You look exhausted.."

I turned around and sat up a bit,

"Well, yeah... I actually feel weird because of Impa. I mean... she told us the story about '10 000 years ago'. It contains both, your and Princess Zeldas past life, but not mine. Why do I have to tag along with you and help you rescue her anyway? I don't even know her and she sure doesn't know me!"

Link looked down sadly. I felt bad for what I said, it's complicated and I don't know how to put it into words...

"L-Link, no, it's not like I don't want to help you at all - I really do! But... all of this just makes me feel... out of place..."

"(Y/N)... Look, I currently don't know Zelda either, but she needs help with fighting Calamity Ganon. She can't do it on her own, you have to accept that. I know it is odd to help some stranger, but think about it - it's the Princess!"

That made me even more upset. I don't like arguing, especially with Link, but that what he said has gone too far.

"Princess Zelda here, Princess Zelda there, Princess Zelda everywhere! You and everyone else just keep talking about her..! She isn't someone special at all, is she?! If she cannot even defeat some evil curse, then she sure isn't a real princess!"

I stood up and roughly grabbed the door knob, ready to open it. I heard how Link stood up and slammed his fist on the wall, making the pottery on the shelf unsave. I am not gonna pay for these this time.

"(Y/N)! Take that back! She may not be strong, but Impa told us everything she did for Hyrule, she loved and cared for everyone,  and she didn't say unnecessary and mean things like you!"

That's it, I opened the door and took a deep breath, trying to calm down my anger inside.

"That what Impa told us lays in the past, I don't care what she did, I don't care what she said and I surely do not care about someone I do not know at all! I do know that everything she did failed miserabily and didn't work as planned! How about you try to care about me once?!"

With all my strenght, I slammed the door shut and ran outside. Some tears were about to fall down, but I blinked them away. Realizing where I am, I noticed I left all my goods inside our room, stupid me. Going back would be the last option I would do, so I made my way to Hateno all alone and with no gear at all. I guess it was time to go look for new weapons and stuff, what a great survival practise...

---------------------

Link was standing in front of the mirror and stared at his reflection. He doesn't know what to think anymore, the arguing made everything worse than it already was. Taking a few steps back, he turned around and looked at your bed, Link felt the anger coming back, but this time mixed with pity and sadness. Was it his fault for being too much into the role of 'the hero'? Or was it possibly just your overreacting? He is clueless, and so are you. Link hopes you will come back soon, but oh boy, you weren't coming back so soon.

"Ugh, what should I do?"

_______________________________________________________________

(sorry for my bad English T.T)

I'm so sorry for the short chapter, but I figured out that I am more comfortable with shorter ones than with 2000+ words each one. I feel motivated right now, so I might update tomorrow as well ^.^ Btw, I think that this story needs some arguing, since Reader-chan was always such a good girl ;m; I already have such good ideas, but I do now know which one I should choose for the next few chapters >.<
If you want to help me, please read the ideas I listed below. If you want it to be a surprise, I suggest you should close this chapter now. °v°

)))Ideas(((

1. Reader-chan is going to live her own life for some days or weeks, before meeting Link again
(It's a secret where they will see each other again tho)

2. Reader-chan is in serious trouble and Link checks his Sheikah Slate to find and rescue you

3. Link will snap out of his current condition and decides to go with you, despite your last argument

4. Reader-chan and Link will rarely meet, so the adventure is just about you

5. )))Insert your ideas here(((