Chapter 10 - Shared feelings

"Oh, well... uh, sorry."

He looked at me,
"Huh?"

"For making you angry or sad...."

His eyes were closed, but opened once again as he chuckled at me.
"Don't worry. You could never make me feel bad. I was just... a little jealous I guess..."

Ah, now it makes sense. But wait, jealous?!

"W-what? Jealous?"

I was clearly confused about this. I did nothing - just asked him a fun-question and that's it.

"Yeah, because you talk about Sidon since we got here. You haven't mentioned me once. But that's okay. I heard you saying you like me... right, (Y/N)?"

I didn't exactly know what to say, so I just stood up and hugged him,

"Yes, of course I like you. Don't worry about that."

__________________________________________________________

A few days have passed since that incident happened between Link and me. We weren't as close as we were before and this made me feel uncomfortable lately. He was acting a little insecure and lightheaded, which actually is unlike him. I feel like this was all my fault...

Ah, by the way, we are in the middle of fighting Waterblight Ganon. It is very hard for me to stay on the platform and I don't want to drown, the earthquake the beast causes is more than dangerous... I don't want to fall into the water because I'm honestly not a good swimmer.

"(Y/N)! Now!"

I turned around to see the Waterblight Ganon right behind me. With all my might, I took the chance to charge at its fragile, yet strong body and sent it flying into the nearest wall. Literally.

Looks like the beast was at the end of its strength and lose control over everything; the enormous room we were in got filled with its painful screeching noises and substances. That thing looked disgusting to be honest. Even though it has only one eye, it feels like thousands of eyes are watching you.

"Well done, Link!"
I made my way to him and held out my hand for a high five but got interrupted by a feminine voice.

"Link..."

We both turned around to find a zora girl. A red-skinned Zora, slightly taller than Link. She does not wear traditional clothing but instead adorns her body in elaborate silver jewelry. She also wears a blue scarf over one shoulder and wrapped around her waist.

"...and (Y/N)..."

The zora's voice got a slight tint with sadness and anger at the same time. Her eyes stopped at my form and lowered a bit. Honestly, I don't know why everyone looks at me like that! What did I do?!

I tried to calm down and turned my head to Link. He just stared at the zora in front of us.

"Link, isn't that the girl Muzu and Sidon talked about? I mean... the description seems to be exact the same".

He didn't say anything, just nodded.

Flashback - 3 days before

"Hmph. You came all the way here, but it was in vain. I have no desire to speak with you."

Muzu, one of the elder Zora, was talking very badly about Link and me lately. Especially Link, but I think he did nothing wrong, so why is Muzu hating on him so much?
Link looked down in shame and I told him to keep going. Just because he doesn't like Link, he has no right to blame him for not being a hero all the time.