Alibaba and Ahbmad

"So anyway, will you acknowledge me as a member, Alibaba-kun?" Sinbad asked boldly.

Alibaba stared at Sinbad in disbelief. He could hear the Troupe members around him saying things like, "What exactly is he thinking!? That old man..." That's what he wanted to know.

"... Sorry, but... I don't see myself as still being so naïve that I'd believe you. What are you planning?" Alibaba asked the king warily. "The king of a country directly intervening with another country's domestic affairs—you definitely have an ulterior motive, don't you?"

"... All I want to do is help the citizens of this country," Sinbad insisted evenly. "However, even if I say this, you probably won't believe me." Alibaba narrowed his eyes and stared hard at him in response. "Well, then..." the king said, moving to kneel down before the prince on his level. "If you want me to cite another reason for joining... It would be to stop the 'abnormalities' of the world!" he stated seriously.

"Abnormalities of... the world...!?" the thieves gasped.

Aladdin's eyes widened slightly.

Hope furrowed her brow a little, wondering what he could mean by that.

"... Okay, I'm lost," Faith admitted frankly. "What are these so-called 'abnormalities of the world'?" she asked, making air quotes with her fingers.

"You may be unaware of this, but in recent years, this world has been struck by chaos," Sinbad replied.

"..." Aladdin and Hope were pretty sure they had heard something similar before.

"!" Aladdin gasped when he remembered his private conversation with Hakuei and how she had mentioned that the world was currently afflicted by abnormalities. All around the world, there were many wars and dangers. Like the one that almost broke out between the Kou Empire and the Kouga clan.

Hope's lips formed a small frown when she recalled how Kouen had told her a little about all the recent wars and increase in poverty in many parts of the world.

Could that be what he meant?

"In particular, 'abnormalities' mean wars and poverty, and deepening discrimination. The world has been thrown into overwhelming turmoil..." Sinbad continued, confirming their suspicions. "As king of Sindria, I am concerned about this problem. This situation fills me with sorrow. With a rising population of refugees and the huge blow to its economy, this country has suffered enough. That is why this time, I want to solve one of the 'abnormalities of the world'—the internal strife of Balbadd. What do you say to that?"

Alibaba was astounded and confused. 'What do I... What is this guy thinking of...!?' he wondered, feeling bewildered. 'All of a sudden he's saying the world's... He's clearly more dominant, so why does he still ask for my opinions...?'

"Don't be fooled by him!" Cassim shouted, standing up again.

"Cassim!!" Alibaba gasped.

Cassim glared at Sinbad. "I won't be fooled... as a 'king,' how can he just commit himself to be our 'comrade'? All you royalty and high-class bastards trample on us lowlifes to survive!! You're actually just eager for us filthy, poor and inferior people to die from starvation and rot, right!?" he accused bitterly with a sneer. "You just want to live your lives in luxury! Am I wrong? Sinbad-san..." Before he could say another word, Ja'far's rope darts shot straight past his face, close enough to graze his cheek. The darts hit the floor with enough force to crack the target and bury themselves deep into the roof. "Wha... What!?" Cassim cried in alarm, falling back into a sitting position.

"Shut up," Ja'far said with an eerily calm expression on his face while he pulled his weapon back and advanced towards the callous thief. "You have no idea what Sin has gone through all this time... what kind of wounds he has sustained... or how much he's had to sacrifice for others..." Ja'far grabbed Cassim by the front of his tunic and held one of his darts over him in his hand. "You know nothing, you ignorant thief!" He moved to stab him, but was stopped when a strong hand grabbed the lower half of the dart.