Chapter 13: Crush?

Chapter 13: Crush?

One week has passed after my birthday. Jacob threw the best birthday surprise I ever had. After the night of my birthday, he went back to his mischievous attitude. After he told me his thoughts about me, I felt a little bit shy towards him whenever he gets close to me. Only two weeks more and it's Christmas. I wonder if he would still give me a surprise. As I was about to head out to go to school, he gave me a packed lunch. He says it's specially made by him. 

  "Thanks! What's in it?" I asked him. 

  "It's a secret! Open it yourself later!" he said. "Wait, you forgot this!"

  "Oh," he handed me my scarf from my coat hanger near the door. I always forget that. "Thanks!" He shuffled my hair.

  "B-bye!" he said then slammed the door in my face. How rude. 

  Homeroom time, our class president announced that we're going to have a field trip before our Christmas vacation. He told us that we would be traveling to the mountainous region. We would ski, snow board, and etc. Everyone exclaimed and reacted happily. Katie and Bethany squealed out loud but I was calm. I wish I can go. Previous field trips, I always get sick before the "Day" so I always stay here. I just hope I can go this time. Praying silently, I prayed to the Lord to give me a strong body and help me to become healthy always. When it was lunch time, I excitedly opened the packed lunch. Guess what's inside. Potato chips, pizza, gravy, and chicken sauce. For my drink, soda. That no good star! I shoved aside my packed lunch and watched my friends ate instead. 

  "Sam, you're not going to eat?" Katie stopped to say. 

  "No, I'm not hungry anyway," I lied. I was freakin hungry. As much tempting as it seems,  I controlled myself to eat junk foods. Honestly, I envied Bethany. Her lunch was salad, while I'm stuck with all these junk. In a blink of an eye, school was over and I head home. Jacob was watching tv and I found an envelope on the table.It was heavy and I opened it and found a huge amount of cash.  This is probably worth a million. I didn't expect this much. But oh well, I deserve this since he gave me a horrible lunch. 

  "How's school? How's lunch?" he asked me when he turned off the tv.

  "Good. Bad."

  "Which is which?"

  "School, good. Lunch, bad."

  "Today must be opposite day!" he raised his arms to tuck it behind his head.

  "It's still means the same, you idiot!" I slouched on the couch beside him. "Why junk foods?"

  "Those are your favorites right?"

  I gave him a look. "No, it's yours."

  "Oh yeah, right!" he winked. He thinks it's funny but it's not. I told him about our school field trip and how much I wanted to go so I want him to give me a suitable lunch. Our school field trip is just two days and one night. When I mentioned that to him, his smile suddenly disappeared.

  "I'm going to bed. Go fix dinner yourself, I won't be having dinner tonight. G' night!" he got up from the couch and went upstairs straight to my room as I heard the slam of my door. What did I say that made him mad? Was it because I insulted his packed lunch? Now...I feel guilty and I don't have the appetite. I followed him to my room and closed the door gently. I told him that I'm sorry and I won't be having dinner because I'm not in the mood. He insisted but I still told him no.

  "You should eat! It's important! C'mon! I'll fix you dinner," Jacob pulled my arm. I watched him as he cooked dinner. But, I was so tired and fell asleep.

~Jacob's Part~

  "Ta-da! Here's our—" I stopped because Sam was sleeping soundly. "This girl is..." Guess there is no choice but to carry her again. This is the second time I carried her back to her room. One, is the time when she was doing her homework and she thought it was the ghost of her parents who carried her to bed. But all along, it was me. I didn't try to tell her because I know it's best. Some things are better left unsaid. Like our topic awhile ago, when she told me that she would be going on a 2-days-1-night field trip, I was saddened. I can't let her go. I would be alone...unless...I make a plan. I've got it!

~Sam's Part~

  The day has come. I was healthy. Yes! It's the first time I would be going to a field trip though Jacob was not that supportive of me going. Who cares? As long as I have fun in this trip. Katie & Bethany were surprised to see me so they hugged me when I got to the bus. They were blabbering about this trip that when we get home, there will always be a developed boy-girl relationship. They hoped that they would meet their crushes and go home being already a couple. I honestly don't have any crushes in my school so I asked them how was it like to have a crush. What do you feel?

  "You feel all tingley inside, your heart starts to beat faster and faster, hmm..what else? Oh, you couldn't hate him no matter what!" Katie exclaimed. 

  Then, I was strucked by a thought. I feel all those when I'm with Jacob. How could that be? "Are you sure that's how you feel when you have a crush?"

  "Yup yup!" Bethany nudged my elbow. "Why, Sammy? Do you have one?"

  "Yeah, tell us yours Sammy! Don't be shy, we'll support you!" Katie came closer to me. 

  "Uh...I don't have one. I guess my heart isn't ready yet," I said sheepishly.

  "Aww, too bad. It's really great when you have one," Katie said. 

When we got to the ski resort, I got out my pink backpack and my baby blue luggage. Our whole batch crowded the whole resort and it was hard to see where Katie and Bethany were. I was left all alone. It was so narrow and crowded so I had a hard time moving especially with my blue luggage when a hand helped me carry it.

  "Thank y—" I froze. Below his hat, his jet black hair was seen along with his hazel nut eyes. The same structure I found when I first opened the door of my house of the time a complete stranger came in. Jacob! What the hell is he doing here? He could be seen.

  "What are you doing here? Why didn't you bring your disguise?" I whispered.

  "I still have my sunglasses. The wig's itchy so I decided not to bring it. Don't worry, I won't be discovered." he winked back as he held my hand.

  "Brace yourself!" he shouted at the same time the crowd moved forward squishing both of our bodies together. That's when I felt tingley inside and my heart thumping faster. Oh no...so  it's true. Is Jacob really my crush? I looked at him as he grinned back at me which just made me feel embarrassed towards him. I blushed.