Chapter 14: Winter Getaway with the Star!

Everyone in our batch has been instructed that we could do anything we want today and meet up at the buffet when it's time for dinner. Katie and Bethany invited me to go skiing with them. Although I don't know how, I still came with them. They tried to teach me but I still don't know how. It is just so difficult. What's worse is that everytime they try to teach me, Jacob was at the corner laughing at me. I told Katie & Bethany that they should continue skiing and leave me alone to find another activity. They agreed to my idea and let me be.

There is a frozen lake just a few walks away. Skiing was not my thing but ice skating is. I put on my skating shoes and joined the group who were there. My parents taught me how to skate when I was still little. My mom would always add some skating tricks my dad couldn't do. And that always pisses Dad off. That time, I was really wondering if Mom was a pro skater since she could do those amazing tricks I love especially the Axel jump. It took me some time to completely master that since it was one of the most difficult jumps in figure skating. I lunged forward, circled the lake and jumped! It was a success! I landed without falling! I've even completed a full rotation. Then I realized everyone had their eyes on me. I have no idea if they were amazed by it or they just really think I'm annoying.

"Sorry," I said, barely audible and slowly backing away.

"That was great!" a very masculine voice sounded behind me when I bumped him. His hair color is dirty blonde. He had his bangs kind of flipped upward at the tips. He isn't pale nor tan. He has a nice skin tone, close to perfect. He had brown eyes, a good nose and nice lips. He was dressed in a thick red coat, dark blue jeans and camel colored boots. He also had his ear muffs on. "Are you a pro at this or what?"

"Not really, it's because my-" I was interrupted when someone pulled me away from him.

"Okay, talk next time!" he called out. He gave me a smile before he turned away from me.

I nodded happily at him. Too bad, I wasn't able to ask his name because of this person who is pulling me at the moment. When I turned around to face the person, I found Jacob.

"What do you want?" I stopped him and led him to a corner where no one could see us.

"Uh...I want to teach you how to ski," he smiled mischievously.

"But I don't want to. It's very hard," I whined.

"It won't be hard if you have the heart to learn," he grabbed my shoulders.

I blushed and had no choice but to follow him. He's right. He's got a point there. I had the heart to learn ice skating so if I have the heart to learn skiing this time, I guess I can do it successfully. But one thought had stopped me. "People could see you."

"Tsk, then we just have to change our location. Come! Follow me!"

We had walked for about fifteen minutes and finally found a perfect spot for practicing skiing. He taught me persistently. When I didn't get it, he would always encourage me to try harder. How he's teaching me right now, reminds me of my parents. They were patient in teaching me. Awhile ago, I recalled that I saw Katie had an impatient look on her face so I gave up learning with the both of them. Right now, I had a great time with Jacob. When it was noon, I finally learned how to ski so Jacob joined me.

"So, how does it feel?" he was skiing beside me.

"It feels so great! Thank you so much, Jacob!" I said happily at him.

"N-no problem!" he didn't look at me. "Race you there! The one who will lose will treat the winner." He nodded his head towards our resort.

"Prepare to lose!"

We reached our resort. He won, and I was sulking. I gave him a sumptuous treat in a restaurant there. He was eating a clubhouse sandwich while I ate breadsticks since my allowance wasn't enough. After lunch, we rested on a secluded area away from my batch. We lay on the snow catching snowflakes in our hands. I accidentally glanced at Jacob and saw him put his tongue out to catch them. I also followed him and realized it was fun. We were on a small hill, so I could see what everyone was doing. I saw the frozen lake and no one was there so my mind hatched an idea. This time, it was my turn to drag Jacob. Pulling out my handkerchief from my jeans' pocket, I blindfolded his eyes.

"What is this?!" he asked me.

"I have something to show you!"

"Ok," he tried to lift my hanky but I slapped his hand.

"Don't ever try to peek!"

He nodded quietly and I laughed inside my head.

I lead him to the frozen lake successfully. Gladly, we weren't spotted because I checked. When I told him to take off the blindfold, he was definitely surprised by my surprise for him. He really didn't see this coming. I could see it in his face. He tried to run away but I teased him telling him that he was a chicken. He accepted my challenge to teach him to figure skate. While I was teaching him, I was trying my best to teach him gently because he taught me nicely awhile ago. I was just returning the favor.

Teaching him how to skate was very fun for me. Jacob kept on falling on his butt. He somewhat reminds me of me when I didn't know how to skate yet. He doesn't realize that he looks funny right now.

"What are you smiling at, huh? Ow, my butt hurts," he said on the frozen floor. "Help me up, would ya?"

"Sure," I laughed softly. I grabbed hold of his hands but I was caught off guard because he pulled me to him. Now, we're close to each other again. I could hear both of our heart beats. Does that mean Jacob was also feeling like this? I tried to pull away but he wrapped me around him.

"What just happened?" I said in his jacket.

"Please stop teaching me skating lessons. My butt's color is the same as a ketchup's color," he said then he let go off me and in exchange he squished my cheeks together. "Oki?"

"Let go o mwe," I said between his hands and he did, while I rubbed both of my cheeks. "Fine. We'll continue tomorrow." I skipped and I heard him gave a heavy sigh.

"Woo hoo," he said sarcastically. "Let's head to the resort so I could take a rest and you go with your friends."

"Sure sure!"

~Jacob's Part~

She went with her friends to go ride on a cable car. I really wanted to go along with her but I know it would be a bad idea to let everyone here see my face. Going back to my room, I kept my head low as much as possible to be not recognized by ANYONE. While I was lying on my bed, I thought of surprising Sam when it's dinner time. "Get ready, Sam Keith!" But I'd make sure she won't get in trouble, of course.