Chapter 22: Gotta Be You...Only You ♡

  My insides were jumping excitedly. My heart flutters as if it has never beat before. I wanted to record those words so I can listen to it again and again so I took out my cellphone and selected the recorder. "Jacob? Repeat it again, will you?" I grinned. 

  "What the heck? Was that a yes?" he tried not to laugh but his expression only shows that he's holding his laughter. 

  I nodded happily. He stood up and carried me up in his arms as he kissed my forehead. "Woo hoo!!!"

  I laughed with him, "Seriously, record the words." I fight back my poker face on him, keeping my happiness inside for the moment. 

  "Fine, for you," he smiled as he put me down to the bench and he repeated it as if he'd rehearsed it inside his head. When I had finished recording his voice in my cell, we took my bike and drove home. When we arrived home, I volunteered to cook dinner while he volunteered to set up the table. My mind was playing with me. It's making me think that we're already a married couple. Good thing the oil stung my hand to help me get back to earth.

  I had dinner ready around eight. We ate silently as I've expected, until he noticed my hand was throbbing. "What happened?! You're so clumsy. Wait here," he scooted out of his chair and came back with a band-aid cream with him and my Cinnamoroll band-aid. He applied the cream to the burnt area when my hand jerked a little then the band-aid. Before removing my hand from his, he gently planted a kiss on my hand and said, "There, that's better!" and then he continued eating. I couldn't blame my head for remembering the time Liam did that to me too. It happened and I couldn't deny it. But this time was different. It was the person I like who kissed my hand and it felt a thousand times better than Liam's. 

After I went out of my bathroom door, it's the same time Jacob opened the door in my room with a towel on his shoulder with his dripping wet hair. I was dressed in my long sleeved pajamas while he was dressed with his sweatpants period. No shirt at all. I only realized it until now that I had been staring at him while he gently flicked my nose. That was so embarrassing. Suddenly, I jumped to the ringtone of my cell and I scrambled my way towards it, passing Jacob and reached for it.

  "Katie? Whazzup?" I asked. 

  "Sammy honey! Christmas Party Ball only in our section on Christmas Eve," she squealed. "We should meet in our class President's huge ballroom in a hotel his Uncle owns. You know where it is right?"

  "Yeah I do, why so sudden?"

  "Dunno. But isn't it great? It's like a prom, but it's actually not. Then Liam would ask you to be your partner," she chattered so fast. 

  I felt silent for a moment. Thinking about the Christmas Eve party was great. It's definitely great to be spending Christmas Eve with my friends, but not with Jacob is like my Christmas Eve wouldn't be complete, knowing he would just be left alone, "I'm sorry Katie. I think I won't go anymore. You guys can attend by yourselves, I'm suddenly not in the mood. Sorry." I hung up as fast as I can and switched off my cell so she won't bug me anymore. 

  "What's wrong? You seemed...bummed," Jacob said behind me. I turned around to see him in a black fitted t-shirt already. 

  "There's this party where we would have dates...like a prom but it's not. Christmas Eve party and you wouldn't be there. That's not something I would enjoy," I tried to smile but it failed. He cupped my face in his hands.

  "Silly Little Miss Stupid! Why did you turn down the offer? Always thinking about others," he hugged me right now and I could feel my hot tears falling down to my cheeks and sticking on to his shirt. "It's ok. Now I know you really really like me." He stuck out his tongue to me and danced like a crazy chicken and I can't help but to laugh out loud.

  "That's more like it! Smile, you're beautiful," he pinched my cheeks. There he goes again, giving me those thoughtful words. It just makes my heart go crazy. "C'mon! Don't cancel the party. I'll be okay. I promise because I have a plan. Trust me on this." He smiled mischievously and patted my head and went to bed. I opened my cell and texted Katie that I was just tricking her and I'd go to the party. After a few seconds, she texted back a happy message telling me she was excited to see me already. I put my cell back on the table and turned off all the lights. My heart couldn't help it so I called Jacob, half hoping he's not yet asleep.

  "Jacob?" I said while kneeling on the bed. 

  When he turned to face me, I brushed my lips on his cheek. Like the trick you do when you want to prank your friend, calling him then he ends up being poked by you with your finger. That's what I did to him, only it's a soft kiss. He looked surprise so I added, "Thanks! Thanks for everything!" As I was about to lay down, he rose from his sleeping position as he grabbed my face and pull it close to his as he kissed my lips. It was longing and my body was melting from his kiss. His hands found my neck as I roped my fingers through his hair and he just kept kissing until we both broke away. I felt so good and embarrassed at the same time. "Good night!" I turned to face the other direction from him as I suddenly felt his hand tapped my back and he offered his hand. I took it and in a second, he pulled me close to him and I could hear him breathing. Sleeping. Then I copied him too listening to his soft breaths.