Boys Boys Boys

Chapter Ten:

New Years was a blast. David and I stayed up to watch the Countdown together before preparing for the first days of filming.

"Do I need more inflection in this sentence?" I pondered aloud. I was draped across my couch and David was standing by the fire holding a script of our first episode. He had kind of moved into my apartment over the Christmas break and Macy did not mind as she was still in Ireland with her family. She also didn't know.

"Maybe a little bit more at the end?" He suggested. I repeated the line with the correct amount causing him to smile.

"I'm so ready for this," I told him grinning. We were going to begin filming tomorrow and this was our last script practice before the real thing.

"Of course you are! Though I was wondering, whether you would want to move into my Cardiff house with me while we were filming? It would make your life easier by living right there but you don't have to of course," He asked shyly. I grinned at him and placed my script down on the table.

"Of course I'll come with you!" I said quoting my previous line with the correct amount of inflection.

"But I have to ask Macy first, so she can find a new roommate, what is she going to do without me?"

"Ok, sounds good! When does Macy come home."

"In two minutes," I replied after confirming with my watch. She was getting a cab from the airport here and wouldn't tell me why she didn't want us to pick her up. Right on cue the doorbell rang and I jumped up to get the door.
"Coming."
"Hurry up Zoe! I'm freezing my ass out here," Macy yelled back. I unlocked the door to reveal a grinning Macy who was wearing a bright yellow scarf and purple Doc Martins. Classic.

"Hello love," I smirked holding my arms out for a hug.

"Hey babe, long time no see. Oh and I hope you don't mind, I brought my boyfriend home."

"Your boyfriend?!" I squealed wrapping her in a hug and jumping up and down. All the noise called David out from the living room.

"What are you screaming about?" He asked with a smirk.

"David Tennant, what are you doing here?" Macy asked shooting me a confused look.

"It seems like we both have news, come in and sit down. Where is your boyfriend?"

"Getting the bags out of the cab. Come on Cedric," She shouted out to the cab marching into the house. Same old Macy. I followed her inside not waiting for the boys to catch up.

"So a boyfriend hmm?" I asked leaning against the table.

"Yeeeeaaah," She replied sheepishly putting on the kettle. The boys entered the room and sat down.

"Hello, Cedric is it? I'm Zoe Griffin, lovely to meet you," I said sticking my hand out for him to shake. He had amazing chiseled cheekbones and floppy brown hair, I could totally see why Macy liked him, but he looked too innocent. Well that was until he took his jacket off to reveal a Guns n Roses tee shirt. Maybe not so innocent after all.

"Hey Zoe, Macy has told me all about you." I smiled at him and sat down at the dining table.

"All good things I hope?" I asked shooting Macy a look.

"Of course Zoe, now can you come up to the bathroom with me?" Macy asked yanking my arm and dragging me upstairs.

"Be back in a minute," I whispered to David who was standing behind my chair remaining awfully silent throughout the whole exchange.