Childish Nature

Chapter Thirteen:

The days of filming went quickly and I couldn't believe it. Everyday was a new adventure I lived vicariously through Lilly Clark. Today was no exception, we were filming a scene at a child's playground where the Doctor was searching for clues and I was on the swing figuring out the answers. It was another opportunity to show my character's smarts and I loved it. I plonked myself on a swing and began rocking backwards and forwards. The script didn't clarify I needed to be on said swing but I didn't care. I wanted to. My childhood was spent in playgrounds or on the swings in my front yard. So when I saw a swing, I was on the swing.

"Doesn't that make your character seem a bit childish?" Kelly asked obnoxiously. Like she would totally know what I'm trying to show with my character.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes," I replied narrowing my eyes at her. Kelly stalked off, unhappy with her inability to make me doubt myself.

"Did you just prove your point with a fourth doctor quote? David inquired in awe.

"Yeah I did, I didn't like her trying to one up me. Why?"

"Because it just made me love you even more," He whispered glancing around the check no one was looking before wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin against the top of my head.

"You're such a nerd, did you know that?" I joked back.

"Yeah but I'm your nerd." The cast started walking towards us for the scene and David quickly stood up and leant against the swings frame. We spent the rest of the cold blustery day outside filming. All the girls on set continued to complain about how cold it was while I was wandering around not even wearing a singlet or jacket. The amount of people who were asking me if I was cold was beginning to get unbearable.

"No I'm not cold, I'm used to this temperature," I insisted batting away whoever had attempted to put a coat on me.

"Put the coat on Griffin," David argued back placing it gently on my shoulders. "It's been a long cold day, come on let's go home." I placed my hand discreetly in his and he led me to the car.

"How long do we have to hide this?" I whispered. He gave me a pained look and was about to reply when we were interrupted.

"Hey Zoe!" Alec yelled running over. I quickly dropped David's hand and wrapped the coat tighter around my shoulders.

"Hey Alec, I didn't know you were on set today."

"Yeah I just had to come for the last scene with Kelly. She's looking for you by the way David." David nodded at Alec and sent me a small smile before heading off to find her. A frown formed on my face that I couldn't hide. "Are you ok Zoe?"

"I'm fine, don't worry. How's your dog been?" I asked quickly changing the subject. Alec began to ramble on about how the dog was fine and had been to the vets to get medication. I zoned out though attempted to stay interested by nodding my head and making small committal noises throughout. The rest of the time I was thinking about David. What if he thought I was getting boring? On set he was always with Kelly or the producers and now he was spending even more time with John Barrowman, who had just joined the cast. He was great fun to be around, but he was cutting into mine and David's time on set. I hated endings. And I worried that our ending would be coming soon. Though I never thought myself as the jealous type, I was getting more jealous of Kelly everyday. With her perfect blonde hair and everything else. Ugh I didn't even want to think about her but I couldn't help it. "Alec, do you think David likes Kelly?" I asked randomly interrupting whatever he had said.

"No, why do you ask? She likes him, that much is obvious. But it's completely unrequited," He informed me.

"Oh no reason, just wondering." We headed towards our makeshift dressing rooms where I bumped into to David again, thankfully without any of his entourage. "Hey Buster," I said. I mentally face palmed when he gave me a strange look. Buster? I called him Buster, he's not a dog!