Chapter 11

Chapter 11

 We are all sitting on the couch and I don’t think this can get any worse. Conner’s Mum and Dad came back into the room and no one has said a word since. Grace is sitting in my lap while I fidget not meeting anyone’s eyes. The silence in the room is causing an uncomfortable feeling in me and I am sure everyone else in the room can feel it too.

“Mum, Dad I would like you to meet Clare my mate and her daughter Grace.” My eyes fall upon Conner’s parents as I can feel there judgmental eyes looking me up and down. Conner’s Mum goes to talk but his father gets to it first.

“Your mate is a rogue and already has a kid?” I can tell straight away from the tone of his voice that he doesn’t think I am good enough for his son.

“Richard! Sorry dear is a pleasure to finally meet Conner’s mate.” Conner’s mum yells at her husband before smiling at both Grace and I.

“Thankyou-”

“Rose, you can call me Rose and this is my husband and mate Richard. We have waited a long time for Conner to find his mate.” I feel myself blush under her loving gaze and it makes me miss my own parents.

Once I moved in with Derek he made me cut off all ties with my parents. The last time I saw them was when I was 15.

“Tell us a bit about yourself Clare.” I feel myself stiffen and go pale at that question. I don’t like talking about myself because there is nothing to talk about. Derek took everything away from me even my own self-identity.

“Umm.” I rub the back of my neck trying to think of something. “There is not much to say.” I shrug my shoulders not feeling very comfortable.

“How long were you a rogue?” She ask in a gentle tone. I look to Conner for some guidance but he just nods his head telling me that it is alright.

“About a year.” I know what the next question will be and I am waiting for an outburst to occur.

“How old is Grace?” I look down at Grace who is smiling as she plays with a toy in my lap.

“She is about 13 months.” I close my eyes knowing that Conner’s Dad is going to have a few harsh words to say about that.

“What! What type of mother becomes a rogue with a newborn? I know a horrible Mother that’s what. This women doesn’t even deserve to have a child.”

“Richard!”

“Dad!” Both Conner and his mother yell at the same time. I see Conner’s eyes darken as he stares down at his father.

“No it’s ok Conner. He is right, I don’t deserve Grace. However it was either run or stay and watch him sell my daughter off to other wolfs, while he beat and raped me until I gave him a goddam son.” I yell at Conner’s Dad. I know I don’t deserve Grace but I don’t need people rubbing it into my face every goddamn minute what a bad mother I am.

I hear two low growls that makes me jump from my seat, as the realisation of what I yelled out begins to settle into my brain.

“Both of you stop that now, you are scaring both Clare and Grace.” Rose says in a calm but powering voice. I watch as both men being to settle down but that doesn’t make me any less alert. I watch as Conner’s eyes go from black to blue in a matter of seconds after his mother speaks.

“Sorry Clare.” Conner looks at me with a boyish grin on his face that causes my body to relax even if my mind is on full alert. I slowly walk back over to Conner and retake my seat across for his parents.