Chapter 23

What is this another Chapter? Yes another Chapter :0, hope you all enjoy.  

Chapter 23

Conner

I didn’t want to leave Clare this morning, but the Alpha asked me to see him about Clare. I was so hesitant to leave her and Grace with her mother that Felix had to drag me out of the house and even than I spent most of the time worrying about Clare.

“Conner she is fine.” Felix says during our lunch break. Alpha Jackson is talking to us about Clare and what happened since she arrived at our pack. We answered all of his questions as he started to build a case against Derek.

“I just have this feeling.” I rest my head on the counter knowing I am most likely worrying about nothing.

“She will be fine Conner.” Jackson calls us back into his office and we all walk back to where we are sitting. Not long after lunch passed I find it hard to sit still. I have a throbbing in my head and my arms are aching.

My wolf is pacing inside my head and on many occasions I am been asked to sit still.

“Nope that’s it.” I stand up pulling out my phone.

“Conner what are you doing.” I ring Suzan’s place knowing I need to hear that Clare is fine.

“Hello.” A weak voice whispers before coughing up a lung.

“Suzan its Conner, can I speak to Clare?” There is silence on the other end and it isn’t helping my stress levels. I need to talk to Clare.

“She isn’t back yet.” I think I stop breathing as I try to process what Suzan just said.

“What do you mean she is not back yet? Where did she go?” Suzan starts coughing again and I feel bad for yelling at her.

“I told her I didn’t need my medication, but she insisted that she run down to the store to grab some as mine ran out.” Suzan starts coughing again as I hear Grace in the background.

“She should have been back.” I hang up and start pacing pulling out my hair. Something is wrong.

My wrist are stinging and I look down to see they are slightly red. I frown at them as everyone tries to talk to me at once. I start to notice how sore my arms are and how much my head is pounding.

I stop breathing and my wolf stops pacing. I start to claw at my throat trying to get myself to breath. I am freaking out so much that my body isn’t responding it its need.

“Conner what is wrong.” Felix is in front of me holding my shoulders. I open my mouth, but nothing comes out. My heart is beating a thousand miles an hour and my brain is working in over time.

“Derek has Clare. He has her.” I manage to get out and everyone starts to move into action while I stand in my place trying my best not to pass out from not breathing. Ivy finally notices me and she leads me over to the couch making me sit down.

“We will find her Conner.” She whispers stroking my hair trying her best to calm me down. The first thing Jackson did was send out warriors to Derek’s place and any places he would be, but when they came back with nothing I broke down.

I couldn’t feel Clare’s pain anymore meaning she shut it out. An hour and a half has passed and we are still nowhere. As each minute ticks by my anxiety grows. I don’t know when Grace arrived, but having her with me kept me somewhat calm.

We were all sitting and talking about what to do and were Derek would be when I slammed my hands on the desk causing everyone to jump.

“My mate is out there with that monster and we are just sitting around doing nothing.” I yell at them all as my face heats up with anger.