9◇ CONFRONT HIM

Introducing Jaeden Lieberher as Jaeden Summers

RILEY HAD A brother. That was something she never thought she'd hear her mom say. A brother. One that she doesn't even remember. And here he was, sat on their couch, nervous and afraid. He was here, finally.

"What?" Riley asks, completely and utterly shocked. To say she was shocked was an understatement. She was gobsmacked. Her own mother had kept a secret from her for god knows how many years. And now here she is, finding out she has a brother.

"He's your brother, Riley." Laura says and takes a seat next to Jaeden, giving him some company to make sure he isn't too nervous.

Riley just stares at her mom. Having a brother isn't something that should be kept secret. Especially when your father died not too long ago and you've been living with a single mother, just the two of you.

Riley was angry. Angry at the world for taking her father, for taking Ben, at Flash for being a bully, and at her mom for not telling her that she had a goddamn brother!

"Riley?" Laura catches her attention and Riley looks at her, her happiness and smiling exterior now diminished in a fire of anger.

"No. Jaeden, it was really nice to meet you." Riley says with a forced smile, but her words are fast and full of anger.

Jaeden gives her a nervous smile, having not said anything since Riley entered the room. Riley looks to her mom and sends her a glare before smiling at Jaeden and leaving the room fuming, Tessa suddenly at her heels.

Riley grabs her bag and heads straight for the stairs, her phone in her grip. She needs to talk to Peter. To tell him about what has just happened, that she needs to talk to him, to be with him.

But does he really need this right now? His Uncle is dead. He's going through a lot. Flash is bullying him. He's changing. And he's stressed. He doesn't need Riley's problems right now.

She sighs and throws her bag onto her bed and slams her door shut, making it fully aware that she is mad. Tessa jumps up onto the bed as Riley leans against the headboard, staring at the door.

She's waiting for her mom to walk up those stairs and tell her exactly what is going on. Why Jaeden is here, why Riley doesn't remember him, why he hasn't been living with him, and what is going to happen now.

She waits for what seems like hours, but is only mere minutes, for her mom to appear. And when she does, she's calm, ready to take the questions that Riley will most definitely throw at her.