• 3

"Second things second don't you tell me what you think that I could be, I'm the one at the sail I'm the master of my sea"

"Again!" I stood up from the mat readying my stance. I was 8 years old now. My training has been none stop. My father swears to himself he is doing some form of justice because of what happened to Annalise. My feet were swept out from under me and I hit the concrete with a groan.

"Boss maybe we should have her fight with even competition?" I looked up from where I was on the ground to see the 200+ pound man my father had me fighting against. I then turned to look at my father with pleading eyes. I had been getting my ass kicked by this man for hours. "Nonsense! In the real world theres no such thing as an even fight. Now do it again."

With a huff I stood up from my spot and readied myself again. I go to swing but he grabs my arm. He looks at me and then to my father who nods, he then pops my arm out of its socket eliciting a scream of pain from me, and I drop to the floor.

My father tsked then bends down to get to where I was laying. Tears were falling down my cheeks from all the pain. "Every man has a weakness Freyanna. After a while their fighting begins to form a pattern. You must figure out that pattern and find the weakness. Simultaneously, you must also make your own fighting unpredictable. If you don't you will die." He turns to leave but before he does he says," Pop your arm back in place and we will pick this up tomorrow."

Freya jolted awake but finds her hands and feet bound. She looks down to see she's in a wooden chair with her hands and feet tied down by rope. She wanted to scoff, how mediocre. She looked up and saw Mitch. He was looking at her as if to ask how they were gonna get out of here. She glanced around looking for Stan but when she saw no sight of him she looked back at Mitch who only shrugged.

Shit.

"Ahh your awake! We were wondering when you would. Thought maybe that hit was too hard." She looks up to see a thin sickly looking man. He looked somewhat like a previous drug addict. Freya gagged at just the thought of him. "Oh, your old man friend isn't here if that's what your thinking." He chuckles, "Matter of fact he's a long, long way from here. With someone whom Freya knows quite closely." She winces.

He walks up to her and runs his hand down her cheek. She grits her teeth and turns away. He grabs her chin to forcefully turn her face to him. "Now, as much as I would love to kill or torture you." He chuckles, "You have an important someone looking for you."

Freya's breath hitches, "You're a liar. He's dead."

"Don't. Touch. Her." The man turns to look at Mitch who looked at him with anger. The man laughs then turns to me. "You haven't told him have you?" He doesn't wait for my response, "Well I will." He turns back to Mitch, "Sure her father organized the attack on the beach but she was the one who chose it. She's the reason your fiancé is dead. She chose to have that beach the target."

Her face dropped, "M-Mitch that's- that's not true you don't-" "SHUT UP." The man yelled then punched her. Freya's head whipped to the side and she spat out blood that started to pool in her mouth. The man laughed then walked away. Freya lifted her head to look at Mitch but he was already staring. Hatred shown on his face, and she hung her head down in defeat.

"Do you know what my father taught me on the third month of my training?" The man and his three followers turn to look at Freya who lifted her head and smirks. "He told me that if you use your body weight and you brain", she mocked them, "you could get out of almost any trap."

She then used all her weight to tip the chair back. When the chair hit the ground, it broke into pieces and she grabbed a sharp one and stabbed one of the men in the neck. She went to the next man and turned to the right when he went to jab her left side with his knife. She then grabbed his wrist hit the inside part of his elbow and took the knife. She stabbed him twice in stomach, then in the temple. She pulled the knife out and threw it at the third man, it went into his skull and he fell to the floor dead.

She grabbed a gun off one of the men and walked towards the sickly thin leader. "Please! Ha-Have mercy." She cocked the gun and he whimpered. "I-I have a family a daughter, he made me do this I-I didn't-" then silence. He laid dead on the floor a hole in his head from where she shot him.

She grabbed the knife and cut Mitch out of his ropes. "Come on. We have to go before more get here." She doesn't look at him, just hands him her gun and picks one up off of the other man she killed, and runs out. They begin running on the street when they hear gun shots. She hears Mitch grunt in pain and turns to see his running slow down a bit. "We need to-", he leans over and groans. "I know." She sees an alley and yells at him.

"Come on!" She grabs his arm and pulls him in the alley then pushes him behind the dumpster. Obvious place she knows, but when you hide something right in front of a persons face they're too Smart to look there.

She hears the men's footsteps go through the alleyway, and she waits 10 seconds. When nothing is heard she pulls Mitch out from behind the dumpster and walks to the backdoor of the building the dumpster belonged to. When they enter, she looks around to see they're in some sort of gym locker room.

Freya turns around to see Mitch limping, so she rushes to help him but the minute she grabs his arm he jerks away. "How can you sleep at night?" She blinks at him, "Mitch..."
"NO how can you live with yourself! You-your just as bad as your father!"

She lets out a humorous laugh."It's ok if you hate me Mitch , I get it." She looked up at him to see him staring at her, an unreadable expression on his face.

"But you have to understand I did what I had to do to save thousands of lives. I chose a crappy beach with shitty weather on a dumb island instead of a train station, an airport, or a fucking preschool." Her voice began to come out shaky from all the anger she had. " I chose because if I didn't my father was gonna have men go to all four of those places and kill as many people as they could. I couldn't- I wouldn't let that happen because of me, and if I had to do it again I would."

"You deserve to hate me. Hell, I hate me. But dont think for a second you know the real me."

"Now I'm going to find a first aid kit so we can take care of your wound." Freya turns around and goes to leave but before she does she grabs a towel and throws it at him. He catches it. "Put that on there. I'll be back as soon as I can." Then she turned the corner and left Mitch there leaning up against the lockers.