Letting go

27th June 2015

YOUR POV

I turned over in bed to see my sleeping boyfriend, looking innocent and sweet in a deep sleep. I noticed another expression on his perfect face, one that would become obvious if his shut eyes would just open. I study his face to find the emotion, before it hit me. He's breaking. Every minute he's not at home with Jesse and his family, every minute he stays in this dangerous world with me, is another crack beyond healing. He'll burst if I dont take care of him. But I can't bear to let him go. I'll be alone in this scary world, my dad on the loose and my brother and I running scared. I overheard him talking to James on the phone, he was questioning whether or not to stay. He's considering leaving. I know that if I truly loved him, I would let him go. Let him get back to his thousands of fans and three best mates. I have to leave him. But how can I?

Today would be the day that Brad went home anyway, so I plan to lead him to a train station where I know he can get home safely. He wakes which snaps me out of my heavy thoughts. "B, get dressed and ready. We need to leave, it's not safe." He gets ready and so  do I, before we thank Alec for his hospitality and leave his home. I lead him through many roads right to the train station. Brad looks confused as I pay for one ticket not two. Tears prickle in my eyes as I prepare to tell him the truth.

"Brad. Thank you for everything you've done for me to this point. You made me feel real love, but I don't want to see you get hurt because I forced you to run with me. Go home, get back to the fans and the boys. Chase your dreams, release album two, get it to number one. I'll be so proud of you. My feelings for you will always be here, but if I continue to act on them you'll get hurt. Badly. If I get through this I'll come back to you, but for now. I have to leave. I have to leave you for your own safety. I love you and I always will. Now go, before I stand here and cry my eyes out." I look into the dark pools in his eyes as tears attack them, falling down his face. He says nothing and just nods, giving me a knowing look. He kisses me softly, the salty taste of tears prominent, this was harder than I thought. He gives me a long hug before leaving the platform. "Good luck, y/n. I love you. Never forget that, okay baby?" "As long as you remember me..." I turn around and cry my eyes out. The love of my life, leaving right before my eyes . I can't bear to watch.

I need support, someone to talk to, something to distract me from the large stone of sorrow that lodged itself in my throat, making me unable to speak in anyway. Incoming call from: Trissy. I accept the call to hear a worried Tristan on the receiving end. "Y/f/n. Where are you? James told me everything. I spoke to Brad. He said to speak to you. What are you doing? Are you safe? I'm picking you up right now. Brad said something about the train station?..." He rambled on before I picked up the courage to speak. "I... I let him go..." I said, tears flowing from my eyes. "I'm at the train station... please come Tris. I need you. Anyone. Please," I whispered into the phone. "I'm on my way, y/n. Stay put, okay? Don't talk to anyone. I'm coming." I put my hand to my head. A headache, and a bad one at that. I feel dizzy and disorientated, everything is hazy. I stumbled over to a nearby bench where I sat and waited for Tris to come. I feel so fucking ill I just need a friend. I see the familiar tall body and flash of blonde hair as he walks over hurriedly. "Y/n! It's okay, I'm here. Y/n? Oh come on... stay with me please. Y/n?" My eyelids felt heavy as they shut. I felt someone lift me up and Tris shouting for help. I let myself fall asleep in his arms, hoping to awaken less confused and with better vision.