٠prologue٠

"Get the hell down here, Ryia!" Cassius yelled impatiently as he awaited his stupid little sister to come falling down the stairs

Ryia on the other hand was the opposite of excited to get going. Her brother had the unfathomably horrid job of babysitting her, (his words) and had instructed that she was to hang out with one of his friend's little cousins. The way Ryia felt about people she didn't know was simple. She hated them.

Now she wasn't a goth who hated everyone and everything that came into contact with her, Ryia just has a self diagnosed case of social anxiety. Whenever forced into a situation with more than one person she didn't know she would quietly hide in the corner, eyes flickering over everyone as if they were all the predators and she was the prey. Of course in this instance Ryia would be less of a self-driven outcast due to that she was most likely only being dragged along to babysit someone who was half her age. Just as Cassius was being forced to at the moment.

After finishing getting dressed Ryia ran out into the uncarpeted hallway and jumped onto the third to last step only to remember that her boots were in her room. And following the epiphany       she scrambled back up the stairs on all fours like a pack animal.

"I swear you are more of an crazy demented animal than Twilight." Cassius exasperatedly explained, referencing the rabid black and white cat sitting on the siblings's living room couch. He replied by snarling at the older child and making him noticeably flinch.

"He just doesn't like you. Your kinda mean." Ryia said, raising her eyebrows at her brother in annoyance and leaning down to pet the feral feline.

"Just get in the car, if we stay any longer I think it might maul me."

Overused unthought-provoking pop songs buzzed throughout the car as Cassius drove along bumpy roads and pulled into a trailer park. "Ryia, you gotta be nice to this girl, okay?"

"What? It's not like were going to become best friends." Ryia said, predicting the opposite of the events to take place in the next few hours.

"Just do it. Maybe you will be." Cassius persisted, which made his little sister scoff. Ryia knew that no one had ever really been much of a friend towards her.

A tall man came to the door after much persistent knocking, courteous of Cassius. "Cas!"

The two men proceeded to bro-hug as Ryia rolled her eyes. She nudged her stupid brother and he asked the man he was hugging where his cousin was, explaining that Ryia was super annoying.

"Oh sorry. She in her room, the last one down the hall."

The agitated brunette begrudgingly entered into the home and walked down the hall. Ryia fully expected to find a little girls room as she walked further down the hallway, since her jerk brother never mentioned that she was meeting a person her age. That stereotypical assumption dissipated as Ryia could hear 'Cold, Cold, Cold' by Cage The Elephant coming through a speaker on the other side of the gateway into the girl's room.

Ryia creaked the door open to find a girl her age dancing around and singing the sombre lyrics. She smirked and took to leaning on the doorframe, awaiting the look on the kid's face when she noticed Ryia was there.

Elicia had been slightly intoxicated when she got home, so when her older cousin had told her that a girl her age was going to be visiting she hadn't really listened. Instead of getting ready or even remembering the conversation she had just been apart of, Elicia just plugged in her speakers and began to sing along to all the songs on her playlist. Too bad she didn't remember. It could have really saved her from an awkward moment.

Although if the girl hadn't, she would have regretted it immensely. Maybe it was the fact that 'Cold, Cold, Cold' was Ryia's favorite song, or maybe it was just that Ryia and Elicia were both cool weirdo outcasts. But somehow, in that moment, they knew they were destined to be friends.
༼༽
Sorry, this is very cheesy. Trust me, with the nature of my writing and the way the show goes, this book is not going to be as cheesy as this was.