٠chapter ten٠

"Oh my fricking gods!" Screamed an irrational Ryia as she watched Rowan pick up a monkey mask

Of course she had watched M0nk3yM4nnn cut into her while Elicia was right next to her, tied down as well. But her stupid irrational brain couldn't rightly remember that as screams began to form in her throat. All she could think was 'I made out with M0nk3yM4nnn a few minutes ago'.

"I-I don't know where that came from." Elicia muttered, now standing. "I swear!"

"Sure." Rowan exclaimed.

"What happened to your parents, Elicia?" Hailey asked the question that they all wanted to know.

"What?"

"I know that they died." Hailey stated, surprising no one. "When your house burnt down... Why didn't you tell us the truth?"

The brunette's eyes filled with undistilled water, and she began shaking. This was the one question she couldn't answer. 'Why didn't you tell the truth?'. She didn't tell the truth because she was scared. Because she would break down. Because she was the bad guy.

Elicia walked to her bed and sat down. She couldn't stand anymore. Especially if she were to tell them. Ryia flinched back when her best friend sat down beside her, which stung.

She started her melancholy story,"Ash bought me some candles... As a joke. A way to channel the anger, he said. I was always setting things on fire. I used to love to watch something burn.

My friends came over to my house one night. Uh- a year ago. I-I snuck out and, I left all the candles burning. It was my fault." Elicia finished. Ryia was holding her hands now, feeling very surprised. Hailey climbed onto the bed and grabbed a hold of Elicia's wrist.

"Is that why you...?" Hailey trailed off as she looked at the girl's scars.

"It's always been something with me." Elicia said in a choked voice. Ryia wanted to comfort her, but for now their hands molded together was the best she could do. "It's like I used to set fires to feel better... And then after, you know, my house. My parents. I started partying to blow off steam and Ash and Ryia were always trying to get me to stop. But I wouldn't. And then uh- something happened and I-I had to stop drinking and stuff."

"What happened that made you stop drinking?" Hailey asked, although she shouldn't of. For the second time that night Ryia sent the blond her death glare, wanting to forget the night in question.

"You don't have to. It's not imperdinent." Ryia whispered to her best friend, all doubts that Elicia was really just Elicia had vanished.

"No it's okay." Elicia hushed, giving the girl a reassuring look. "I got way too drunk and high one night. And I woke up at that Motel in South U. Face down. and then the first thing I saw were my shoes, like, ten feet away. And I-I couldn't figure out why they were over there. Then I saw my jeans... Just crumpled up next to my shoes. And this guy was... Behind me. If someone hadn't stopped him, I... So I-I don't do anything anymore. The razors. It's just for me. No one else gets caught up in it."

Ryia was grabbing tissues from her backpack, for herself and for her best friend. She kept a hold on Elicia's hand.

"What happened with your parents wasn't your fault." Hailey stated, saying something that almost everyone in the room knew but didn't need to say aloud.

"The cops think someone did it on purpose. One of these days they're gonna realize it was me." Elicia said. Ryia squeezed her hand and gave the girl some tissues.

"No..." Hailey denied.

"But it was. My fault." Elicia tried convincing them, grief wracking her mind and body.

"M0nk3yM4nnn knows. Doesn't he?" Rowan asked, finally coming to sit on the bed. "About the fire?"

༼༽