Helpless

A/N: Hey guys. So, my sibling wrote a Malec version of Helpless from Hamilton, and this oneshot is based off of it. This is one of my favorites so far. DM me if you want the lyrics to the song. Enjoy!

Alec was leaning up against a wall at the back of Pandemonium, his bow clutched in his hand, keeping an eye on Isabelle as she wound through the loud, dark room. She swayed and shook her body in front of countless Downworlders while supposedly working. Alec had already told Isabelle to focus on the mission, but she didn't listen. He knew it was no good, so he kept to the shadows, hoping to get through this mission without being pulled on to the dance floor.

Alec was offered a drink or two by a few Seelie girls, but had to turn them away, knowing that he could not give them what they wanted. He rarely took his eyes off Isabelle, and he did his best to look unapproachable (which wasn't very hard for him). That was, until Alec noticed something out of the corner of his eye and immediately straightened his back, uncrossed his arms, and took the brooding look off his face.

A young man with an outfit that, surprisingly, stuck out in the Downworlder crowd. He had a sort of dark, yet flamboyant gloom to his look. He wore a sparkly, dark purple jacket, matching pants, and dress shoes. Eyeliner surrounded his smooth brown eyes and glitter eyeshadow was swiped across his eyelids. His dark hair was combed back and dusted with glitter, and his face was... defined. A nice slender jaw and smooth cheekbones. His jewelry-clad hands flourished whenever he turned. Alec's heart skipped a beat.

Alec wasn't sure if he should stay at his spot on the wall, or follow this beautiful man through the club. He reluctantly chose the latter and stowed his bow around his torso. He tried not to lose the dark man as he wove through the people on the dance floor, trying to move as quickly as possible without bumping into anyone.

"Alec!" Isabelle grabbed his wrist and pulled him back, causing Alec to lose sight of the young man. "What are you in such a rush for?"

"Damn it, Izzy! I lost him!" Alec frantically looked around, trying to catch another glance of him.

"Who? The demon?"

Alec paused for a second. He completely forgot they were on a mission.

"Yes!" Alec fibbed. "And I would have caught him if you had been helping me instead of out here messing around!"

Isabelle stopped dancing, looked at Alec, and put her hands on her hips. Alec looked at her.

"What?!"

"You're usually so calm on missions. What's different?" Isabelle raised her eyebrows. At that moment Alec caught sight of the man he had been looking for. He grabbed Isabelle's hand and pulled her off to the side, keeping his gaze on the young man. He turned Isabelle to look in the direction of the mysterious Downworlder and pointed.

"You see him?"

"You mean Magnus Bane?"

"Is that his name?"

"Yes, but he's a warlock. Why would think he was a demon?"

Alec sighed.

"I didn't think he was a demon." Alec walked back to his spot on the wall, and Isabelle followed. "Honestly, he's attractive."

Isabelle gasped and grinned.

"Alec!" She punched his shoulder and turned to look at Magnus. Isabelle raised her eyebrows, then made her way across the room to Magnus. Alec watched as she grabbed Magnus' arm, smiling. Alec should have expected this. Isabelle always jumped at the chance to meet another hot person. Nevertheless, Alec returned to his initial position on the wall and watched his sister ogle the man he wished he were ogling. He was surprised when he saw that very man look over at him.