Lost Luna

Prologue

Ryder POV

Today was like every other day, filled with business and loneliness. I was in a pack meeting in England talking about the full moon coming up in a few days. Most werewolves are aggressive and can't control their wolves if they were bitten into a wolf. Last time they had a full moon, things got way out of hand, wolves went to someone else's territory and almost tried to rape and kill she-wolves in a pack. They were trying to find some ideas to not let that happen again. They weren't making any progress, they were arguing back and forth about what they should do. I growled In frustration

"Alright, that's enough!" I roared standing up from my seat, they all stared at me. "Why don't we just get half of the protectors go around the perimeter so no wolf can leave or enter the territory and the other half to walk around the territory so no one can get hurt" I said

"I'll agree on that" a familiar voice said I turn to see Joseph Bennett. I forgot that he was an Alpha to the Red blood pack. He look like Kayden, I felt a sudden pain in my chest i've been feeling for a while. It's been two months since Kayden was in a coma. He hasn't shown any signs of consciousness which is making me worry. Omar has been giving me updates on Kayden. The alphas in the room were talking about my idea and agreed to do it, when we were dismissed I went straight to my plane to go back to ridge wood. When I got there, i went to the pack house to check on Kayden and get some work done. I saw Omar by the room where Kayden was in.

"Omar!" I said and walked up to him

"Ryder! your back, I thought it would have been longer" he said giving me a hug

"Yeah, it finished early but I'm not going to be here long, I have another challenger in two hours" I said

"Why don't you let Sam go, you had so many challenges and works and meeting, you need a break" he said i haven't had a full rest since Kayden got into that coma. Since then, people have been challenging me for this pack, they think that since Kayden was in a coma that this would be there time to take advantage and kill the me but they think I'm a boy. I've told Sam that I'll handle everything and all he has to handle is just being a beta, of course we had to argue about it but I won. The reason I did that was because I needed a distraction to not think about Kayden. I don't want to feel the loneliness or being in pain of not having my mate.

"I like doing the Alpha work, plus I can fight better than anyone. I actually like being temporary Alpha" I said

"Okay freak, I have to go. I have an appointment to go to" he said I nodded he walked away and I turn to see the door of the room Kayden's in. I was scared something i've felt for a while now, I was scared that he might not ever wake up. i see him in the position, I've been seeing him in. I stay there telling him how the meeting went and how everything's been. I left and went into the office to do some work, when I finished, it was about an hour until I see my challenger. Ever since people heard that Kayden was in a coma ,they thought it would be an opportunity to come and challenge the Beta for the spot to be Alpha but they didn't know that the person fighting is the taking care of the sliver blood pack is a girl and the alphas mate. I walked to the main Lobby of the pack house and I see Beta Sam.

"Hey Sam" I said it's weird just calling him Sam, I was used to calling him beta Sam.

"Morning Ryder, are you sure you want to challenge this one? he's pretty strong" he asked

"How strong?"

"Almost stronger than Kayden" he stated

"Great! I love my opponents strong" I said and walked past him and got in the red Chevrolet camaro. I love driving in Kayden's cars, he has so many nice ones and i've only see him use his black farrai. I glance at Sam, scowling at me.