Revenge?

| 41 |

~ Mark's p.o.v ~

"Okay, are you sure you've looked everywhere?" I asked Nate as he held his head in his hands.

"I have! I told you that already." He replied.

I took in a breath, doing my best to keep my cool. "Have you got anything that might lead you to him?"

He seemed to think for a second. He took his head out of his hands and looked up at the ceiling. His eyes seemed to widen slightly. "I have a letter from him that I haven't opened, that might tell us something."

"Anything else?"

"Yeah, well. Kinda. I had a video camera, but Matt took it when he left. Thankfully I took the SD card out just in case he would.. so I have that, it might give us some clues."

"There's something you're not telling me here. If there's something you know, please.. please tell me. If I'm right in saying that the two of them disappearing are connected then you have to let me know."

"Okay.. the thing is. Matt's been giving himself this.. this weird substance that makes you into something.. dark, shall I say. Someone who's not you and yet you at the same time, if that makes sense. He tried warning me before, but I didn't listen. So.. he's kind of.. not himself anymore and.. I don't know."

He put his head back in his hands and breathed heavily, almost as if he was on the verge of a panic attack. If he was going into one I'd know, I'd dealt with them before. The information he gave was very unsettling though, why would Matt have any reason to do that?

"Hey.. Nate. Why would he want to give himself that kind of stuff if he knew that it would make him into something he's not?"

"I don't know.. maybe he's out for revenge or something." He shrugged, his eyes widened at what he said, "Out for revenge. Maybe that's it!"

"Yeah?"

"I think, I'm not sure."

I groaned in annoyance. "Okay. But if that's true then why would he need Jack, if he has him at all."

He shrugged. "I don't know, I'm not a genius, Mark."

"Well you said something about revenge, right?"

"Yeah."

"Well.. I hate to say it, but what if he needed Jack for that purpose of revenge?"

He froze and whispered. "Oh. Shit."

~

~ Jack's p.o.v ~

"You ready to go now, Anti?"

"Yes."

"Great. Because I know exactly where we need to be."

"Where's that?"

"A place where a friend of mine lives."

"Why there?"

"I got a vendetta against her boyfriend, I need you to guard her whilst I get him. Got it?"

"Clear."

"Glad I could count on you. Now let's go, we've a big day ahead of us."