Choice Of Three: One Month Ago

| 44 |

~ Matt's p.o.v ~

I opened the door to our house and walked inside, expecting Nate to be on the couch and editing some music files on his laptop. Strangely though,  he wasn't there. Funny. I decided to just shake that off and get to work on the research for my latest theory.

An hour into it and I'd heard nothing from Nate. At all. It was worrying, extremely worrying. What if something's gone wrong? What if he needed help? I knew that the those kinds of thoughts are me just overreacting on the inside but I couldn't help but be worried. Shaking my head and forcing myself to continue my research I heard a crash upstairs followed by a chorus of fucks. At this point I knew something was either up or wrong. I carefully tossed my laptop aside and darted upstairs, I didn't know which door to check so I had to take a wild guess and say Nate's recording studio. I tried to open the door only to find it was locked. I heard several more fucks from the inside so I rammed the door open. I didn't expect the recoil to come with it so I majestically tumbled to the floor, landing in front of them (wait, them?) in a heap. Sitting up with a groan, I looked up and saw two people with Nate that I didn't expect to see.

I stood up and quickly jumped back, Nate's makeup stirring up memories that I'd rather not relive. Deciding to not look at Nate, I looked to Mark. Surprisingly, he was in a fancy suit, but had dark rings around his eyes and an overall dark look to him. Shaking slightly, I turned to Jack. His look surprised me the most, he was dressed in all black and had a large cut across his neck. Looking back and forth between them all, I felt extremely awkward and confused.

"Well that's that shot ruined." Jack said, moving to another part of the room.

Nate fidgeted with his hands as Mark sent him a look. "You didn't tell him what we were doing?"

Nate looked to Mark with a sheepish grin on his face. "I, well, I thought he'd be back way later than this so.."

"He fergot, Merk. Yer not stupid." Jack put in as Mark face palmed.

"Yeah. I forgot." Nate concluded, looking back to me.

Mark shook his head and took his hand off his face, also turning to me. "We're actually recording a collab right now. With Natemare, Darkiplier and Antisepticeye, so, yeah." Nate said to me, still having that grin on his face.

"Oh." Was all I said. I guess I really was overreacting then, huh? I felt stupid.

"Yeah, sorry for not telling you."

"No, it's okay. Just got worried is all." I said to them, walking out.

"Can someone help me with this?!" Jack yelled, causing me to look back and examine what he was doing.

He was trying to life up a big block of something that was clearly too heavy for him to lift alone. Hm. Nate and Mark quickly went to help him, lifting it up easy as a team. This sparked some weird thoughts in my head.

Dark: He's strong, but wary. Not afraid to put in a say and not afraid to kill if something went wrong in a situation. Calm, yet unpredictable. Downside is that he's too wary, he doesn't trust easy.

Natemare: Scary. He's like a puppet master, not easily controlled but can easily control. He won't take no for an answer and has to have things his way. Downside is that he's stubborn in that regard.

Anti: Doesn't care what he does as long as it gets done, he needs for things to go right unless he loses it. Works with precision. Along as he gets to hurt someone in some way, he's fine with doing whatever. Unpredictable, excite-able and willing. Downside is that he isn't the sturdiest tool in the shed.

I exited the room and closed the door after me. I've made my choice of three.

(( Credit to Forever_In_A_Fantasy for the idea of Matt walking in during a recording of the three dark sides! ))