Introduction- Who are the INTPs?

Who are the INTPs???

INTP= Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving.

People with this type of personality are described as rational, logical, analytical and deeply introverted thinkers. They are introverts who love to overanalyze everything and are extremely good at inventing entirely new theories and perspectives in their minds. They can be nerds of multiple interests and subjects and are notorious for their absentminded attitudes towards life and daily issues. These people use logic as their daily tool for everything and can be quite snarky and sarcastic when dealing with people who use barely to no amounts of reason. They also tend to be brutally honest and direct about most things unless they find a serious reason to restrain from being truthful and choose to act as diplomats.

Playful and child-like in their nature, they seek game time in everything and will be surprisingly affectionate and warm towards people who are very close to them but can also be ice cold and reserved towards people they don't really like or aren't very close to.

Below is a list with the main positive and negative traits of the INTP personality type.

1. Prefer logic for their daily issues and are very analytical, independent and free spirited.

2. Introverted and very secretive. Will rarely open up to people unless they are very close to them.

3. Vast knowledge of various subjects due to their unstoppable curiosity and inquisitive mind.

4. Can get unhealthily obsessed with an object of their interest and spend hours and days just to learn more about it.

5. When in their 'zone', they can be very absentminded and even forget to eat.

6. Generally relaxed and carefree about most daily life things.

7. Despite being generally relaxed, things such as school, lessons for a car driving license or social events and interactions may cause extreme amounts of stress to them.

8. For most INTPs, emotions are confusing and usually deemed as a burden thus they will rarely try to develop their emotional intelligence. But even if they do, they will still struggle with emotions and often, even their own feelings will confuse and scare them.

9. They tend to bottle up everything related to feelings, which usually ends up with them having a major breakdown and then falling asleep from exhaustion.

10. Reserved and seemingly cold until they're close to one of 'their people'. When they're close to a person they love they can get really affectionate, cuddly and playful. Their affectionate behavior and feelings as well as their emotional breakdowns resemble those of a child.

11. They can be quite naïve.

12. They have a relatively slow learning process, mostly due to their very analytical and methodical minds which need their own time and way to process and learn things. Their learning ways however can get much quicker if the subject is one they really favor and like.

13. Supreme autodidacts. In fact, their self-teaching learning process is the very essence of their education since school is seen and experienced as an obligatory and boring/stressful experience for them.

14. Socially immature and often awkward.

They don't know, perceive or understand social protocols and stereotypes the way other people do and therefore cannot really 'keep up' with the social attitudes that are often required of them. However, this is something they will often learn to adapt to and many INTPs are able to mask their social awkwardness very well but it will still be there.

15. They have multiple interests and hobbies and usually excel at all or most of them.

16. They can be very successful in any job that challenges them and nurtures their analytical, inquisitive and playful minds. They're also known for seeing their work as one more kind of 'play time'.

17. They can never be satisfied with their work experience unless it is the one they really love doing and don't get easily bored with.

18. They love nature and animals and animals love them back.

19. 'Resting bitch face' syndrome.

20. Can be very sensitive with several foods, smells, sounds and fabrics.

21. Can get very stubborn when they're angry or hurt.

22. Don't deal very well with criticism but will rarely show it.

23. They can be happy and fascinated with a few things and are usually not demanding at all.

24. Knowledge is a passion, a hobby and a basic instinct for them so they are never tired or bored from learning more.

25. Do not find much logic behind most social rules and behaviors and will therefore question and react against them.

26. They're strong and stable when it comes to things they love or truly believe in and are not easily influenced by others about them.

27. They don't like leading or controlling others and prefer to avoid such responsibilities and roles. They also won't easily follow others.

28. They forgive and tolerate easily.

29. They're not very good with simple daily tasks.

30. They can become extremely self-doubtful and demanding of their lives to the point of causing serious anxiety and self-shame issues.

Another good description of INTPs:

''They may appear to drift about in an unending daydream, but INTPs' thought process is unceasing, and their minds buzz with ideas from the moment they wake up. This constant thinking can have the effect of making them look pensive and detached, as they are often conducting full-fledged debates in their own heads, but really INTPs are quite relaxed and friendly when they are with people they know, or who share their interests. However, this can be replaced by overwhelming shyness when INTP personalities are among unfamiliar faces, and friendly banter can quickly become combative if they believe their logical conclusions or theories are being criticized.

When INTPs are particularly excited, the conversation can border on incoherence as they try to explain the daisy-chain of logical conclusions that led to the formation of their latest idea.

Oftentimes, INTPs will opt to simply move on from a topic before it's ever understood what they were trying to say, rather than try to lay things out in plain terms.

The reverse can also be true when people explain their thought processes to INTPs in terms of subjectivity and feeling. Imagine an immensely complicated clockwork, taking in every fact and idea possible, processing them with a heavy dose of creative reasoning and returning the most logically sound results available – this is how the INTP mind works, and this type has little tolerance for an emotional monkey-wrench jamming their machines.'' (Taken by www.16personalities.com)

INTPs are approximately 3-3.5% of the worldwide population. But female INTPs comprise only around 1% of their type which makes them the second rarest females after the INTJs.

The following pages of the book contain the interview of a young INTP woman (in her mid-twenties), on several and different topics that include society, family, school/college experiences and thoughts, views on politics, religion, romance, friendships, etc..

This interview was made to give a full insight of how a female INTP thinks like. It goes without saying that not all INTP women are the same and the answers of this woman aren't necessarily fully compatible with every single female INTP out there. But it is a valid example of a rational woman's views and way of thinking.

Skyywalls ♥♥