19.

abbreviations:
y/n = your name
l/n = your last name.
y/b/n = your best friend's name
d/n = dragon's name
y/t = your town's name
e/c = your eye colour
h/c = your hair colour
d/k = dragon kind
o/d/n = other dragon's name.

•••••••••••••••••••

Your POV

"Miss, I'm very sorry to bother you.." a voice says. I shake my head quickly.

"No no you're not bothering at all!" I say, trying to put on a fake smile and look as awake as possible.

Because honestly?

I'm exhausted.

It's been a few weeks and I've done meetings, signing papers, reading papers, writing papers, helping people. It's not that I don't want to help people, I really do! It's just a lot to do and it's really tiring. I barely have time for myself.

The only good thing is that it distracts me from thinking of Hiccup...

Hiccup... I miss him so much.

"What's wrong?" I ask the woman in front of me.

"Well, due to the storm a lot of boats have been destroyed or damaged." I sigh. Not again... there have been some storms lately causing problems in the village..

"Try to repair the damaged boats, and if this isn't possible we could use the wood of them for other things, like for fires to warm up people's homes!" She nods and smiles thankfully.

"Thank you, chief." I smile and nod before she leaves. I sigh and shrink down my chair, putting my head on the desk.

I'm really not sure if I can handle this. It's been like a month and a half and my friends still haven't visited, which makes this even more boring. Sure, I had some old friends here but I barely know them.. they told me a few things about what it was like and how close we were, but it still felt really weird.

I have nobody except d/n here right now. I feel a bit left out, even though I've got tons and tons of people around me. It doesn't feel right.

If Hiccup and y/b/n were here with me this all would be so much easier for me...

No. I can do this. They wouldn't want me to just sit here and be sad all day, missing them. I should make the best out of it.

"Chief!" A soft voice says, making me look up. A little Viking girl, holding a Terrible Terror is walking up to me.

"I found her in the woods... she's sick. Can you help her please?" She asked quietly. I smiled and nodded, kneeling down so I'm about her height. I gently take the dragon from her.

"She'll be okay, don't worry." I smile.

••••••••••••••••••

Hiccup's POV

"Okay bud, let's-" I get interrupted by a voice calling my name. I turn around and see Astrid running to me, a guilty look on her face.

"I'm so sorry, Hiccup. I know you want to go to see y/n, but we really need you right now." I sigh and nod.

"I'll be there in a sec, okay?" She smiles and nods before turning around. I look down at Toothless who growls sadly.

"I miss them too, bud..." I mumble and look up at the sky. I take a deep breath and look at him again.

"We'll go see them soon!" I say, trying to cheer us both up. He nods and turns around to walk away. I sigh and walk towards where Astrid went, my mind wandering to y/n. I miss her so much. We've been together for so long but we've never been apart for this long.

Wait a second...

I stop walking and my eyes widen when I realise what day it is. I face palm and groan annoyed at myself. Great Hiccup, forgetting your own anniversary...

"She's gonna get so mad..." I mumble while shaking my head. What kind of boyfriend forgets his anniversary? I walk faster when I hear my name being called. The sooner I'm done, the sooner I can see her.

"There you are! We- hey, are you okay?" Astrid says. I bite my lip and shrug, looking at her, panic filling my eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"Uh, I just realised that today is mine and y/n's six month anniversary.." her eyes widen and she stares at me

"HOW DID YOU JUST REALISE THAT?!" She yells, making me flinch a little. I shrug and look down shamefully.

"I-I don't know." I mumble. Suddenly I feel her hands on my back, pushing me outside. When I'm outside I turn to look at her and she has her arms crossed

"You go to her, now. I can do this on my own don't worry." I nod and smile, blushing in embarrassment.

"Okay thanks Astrid!" Is the last thing I say before turning around to find Toothless. I immediately look up when I hear him growling.

"Toothless!" He looks up at me and smiles cutely.

"We're going!" His eyes widen and he runs up to me, knocking me down, causing me to laugh loudly. When I realise we have to be fast, I try to push Toothless off of m and sit on his back.

"Let's go!"

••••••••••••••••••

As soon as I'm in Coldlake, I jump off of Toothless. I just need to go to y/n's house now.. I stop when I realise something.

WHAT AM I GONNA GIVE HER?!

Oh my gods Hiccup, you're so stupid! What has gotten into you?

I face palm and groan annoyed, shaking my head. Before I can even do anything I hear a familiar growl, causing me to look up. D/n is running towards us, a happy smile on her face. I smile and pet her, before she runs to Toothless.

"D/n wha- HICCUP!" I look up and see y/n staring at me, eyes wide. She looks tired, but still has that happy spark in her eyes.

Before I can say anything to her, she runs up to me and wraps her legs around my waist, and her arms around my neck, hugging me tightly. I smile and hug her back, kissing her cheek.

She lets go and smiles happily at me. I smile too but frown as soon as I remember something.

"I'm sorry." I sigh and shake my head.

"Sorry for what? You didn't do anything wrong." She says and smiles.

"Well, today is uh, you know..." her eyes widen and she puts a hand over her mouth, causing me to burst out laughing. I hear her laughing as well and as soon as our laughter dies down I look at her again.

"We're so stupid." She giggles and I nod.

"I'm sorry, I don't have anything for you." She sighs sadly. I shake my head and grab her hand.

"Y/n, being with you is enough. I feel so blessed to have you in my life. Nothing makes me happier." I say causing her to smile, making me feel better instantly. Her smile lights up my whole world. She pulls me into a hug again. Oh gods, I've missed this girl so much. Suddenly she pulls away and I look at her confused.

"Come with me! I've got some stuff to show you here!" She says excitedly and pulls me with her. I smile and nod, feeling extremely happy to spend time with this wonderful girl again.

OKAY HAS ANYONE SEEN SEASON 5 OF RTTE.

SO MUCH HICCSTRID IM DYING. I started watching today and now I'm at episode 7 😂🙈. SO MANY FEEEELSSS

by the way, I uploaded this book where I just talk about stuff of the fandoms I'm in! ^_^. Its completely random so if you'd like to read it go ahead :))

By the way, school is starting for me next week, and I've seen my schedule already. And let's just say it's not great... I might be pretty busy with school which means updates will take longer, but I won't forget about this book! I'm really sorry for it, but school is important for me. I will try my best though!

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! If you did, a comment/vote would be appreciated!
Xxx Damla