Forgotten Partner

AN: Thank you to mila6009 for suggesting I write a chapter about this. I hope you like this!

If you remember in the first chapter of Mistake, Eden believed that after the affair, her birth mother cut ties from her biological father. That might not be the complete story. Shanie Morrison didn't really talk much about the man she cheated on Adam with, but maybe it's time we got a bit of information on him.

Please vote, comment, follow, and share if you like this! Please enjoy.

Mark Helker POV- Eden's biological father

Shanie Morrison had been my crush since high school. She was in my Biology and English class and smart as a whip, the most beautiful girl I had ever met. We were in the same group for a project once and, at the time, I thought those twenty words she said to me were probably going to be stuck in my head forever.

I used to keep a bunch of clippings of her from the newspapers, piled up in a shoebox under my bed. A picture of her saying a speech at graduation, a segment of her wedding day, a picture of the twins, a picture of my daughter.

See, Shanie used to be the golden girl in our town. She was always getting awarded for her grades, for her volunteer work, for her success in life. The newspaper never had any real news, so they wrote stories about the lives of the townsfolk. When Shanie became the town's main physician, it was only natural that her triumphs should be documented for everyone to see.

When word got out of Shanie opening up a clinic with a colleague a town away, of course, our small town would post a story about it. It was only natural that our townsfolk would want to visit her office. She really should have accounted for me showing up as well.

I had changed since I had seen her in high school. I was bigger and manlier. Honestly, I was more attractive. I had made an appointment for a routine checkup. I had to first get in to see her, to plan how I was going to win her heart.

When the highly attractive nurse called me out of the waiting room, I took a deep breath and smoothed my hair down.

"What did you come in for today?" the nurse asked, her face trained on the computer in front of her, waiting for me to talk so she could make notes.

I came to convince the gorgeous doctor to leave her stupid, ginger husband and marry me.

I cleared my throat. "I just haven't been to a physician in a while and figured it was time for a checkup."

"Well, alright. Let me take your blood pressure, heart rate, and check for fever. Go pee in this cup and then I'll let Dr. Morrison take over after that."

After the nurse had left, I prepared myself to turn on the charm. I was nervous. How was I going to do this?

The moment Shanie walked into the door, I almost lost my breath. It had been so long since I'd seen her in person. Her blonde hair was in a high ponytail and curled around her mid-back. She wore a white lab coat over a skirt that stopped just under her knees. She smiled, the same smile she always did in her pictures.

"Good morning, Mark! I am Dr. Morrison." Of course, she didn't know who I was. It was just my luck that she would be such a big part of my life, and she didn't even remember me. She reached her hand out to mine and I shook it, tingles shocking my arm at her touch.