Chapter Five: Cry of the Wendigo

Warning: Definite smut alert..

sorry about the title, sounds hilarious, I know. But believe me..it'll make sense.

Hannibal cut off the shower and reached for the ivory towel hanging nearby, he proceeded to dry himself off and raised the corner to rid of excess water dropping from his bangs. He'd fold the used towel before reaching the hamper to put inside of it. After slipping into the much more comfortable clothing, he had made sure everything was properly in their place and that his suit clothing had sat bent over the ledge of the hamper before leaving, shutting and cutting off the light on exit.

Will found the study, his eyes taking in the books that he would read when he had the chance, the other bedroom, the main bathroom and downstairs (all while he was looking around), there was a large living room, a small drawing room, dining room and the kitchen. At first, Hannibal hadn't the slightest idea of why he had suspected Will to be lying down once he had left the bathroom, asleep or perhaps reading- something of the sorts.

When approaching the kitchen, Will rolled his eyes at the size of it, it took up half of the house. He was drawn to the double doors leading to the garden however, opening them, he stepped out onto a deck that overlooked a large pool.

Hannibal cuffed his pajama sleeves, rolling them half way up his arms as he made his way towards the kitchen, his eyes dart around suspiciously leaning his ear to the whistle of air outside of the double doors. Surprisingly, he had seen that there was a crack left open and that the thin curtain drapes had caught up in the air, wrapping themselves carelessly around the doors frames'. The man left for the doors, opening them only to see that Will had indeed been outside sitting with his feet dipping into the blue aquatic glisten of calm water.

The pool looked like it had been recently cleaned, Will wanted to get in, he hadn't swam in a real pool for years. He instead rolled up his trouser legs and sat on the edge with his feet in the water. He slowly moved them around in the water, leaning back on his hands as he looked up at the sky, falling into his own mind. He felt calm, relaxed and dare he say it, happy.

Hannibal did not want to disturb him, Will seemed content, his eyes closed. For once, the brunette was relaxed, Hannibal found the comfort in seeing him like this.

Proceeding with his walk, he strolled to the mans' side, glancing down to him after a look to the sky, expecting to see that in whcih he supposed Will had seen without much effort. Sensing that the younger male went into his own mind, Hannibal seeked to enter along with him.

"It is wonderful, isn't it? Happiness. The laughter, the memories, the pain. All of this, has grown into perfection and this had all begun by taking the most difficult road. 'To be fearless in the pursuit of which sets your soul on fire.'" Hannibal spoke gradually, lifted high as he felt himself in rapture by the thought of possibly looking out of Wills' eyes to the greying skies above.

He bent down to the others' level and the sat, drawing his knees under the weiht of his arms, bringing his legs closer to his chest. Hannibal fled his attention to Will. In Will's' mind they were sat back in that office that was once their safe place. The place Will felt comfortable to speak to the other man.

"I have never thought that I would find myself feeling 'afraid'. The ability to see myslef when I look in your eyes, as the blue I am so familiar with have all but began to dim. People will start to question, their vision of us would result in catastrophe- a world I had imagined, with you, Will. Jack will come running some day soon." Hannibal looks up once again, as Will sat and listened to him, frowning at certain things. "I want for you to fear nothing. I need you to take the weapon into your hands and not to limit yourself of control, for when that levee breaks- and I am taken down, you do not go down with me, Will." He returns his eyes to him, "Do you understand?"