Chapter 16: Live and let Die

BING!

Alana rolled over in her bed, the fresh ping of an alert sounded from her phone and she was desperate for more sleep that she had ignored her to the best of her ability.

BING!

Sighing, she reaches for the phone on her nightstand and swiped the front and saw an alert that stated that Tattle Crime has been updated. Looking around her in the dismal darkness, she clicks on the notification and it leads her onto the website, itself. On Tattle Crime, she saw that Freddie had posted another Blog but on Albert Hayden.

'Serial Killer obsessed with Hannibal Lecter'. As titled, she scrolls down the page and begins to read but as she delves into it deeper, she feels her heart hammer against her chest. Sitting upright, she reads the last paragraph as she drapes the sheet around her using her free hand. The phones screen basking a clear glow across her face, the only light visible. A knocking startled her and she looked up, searching for the sound. Paying close attention before it came again. Alana lifts herself to her bare feet, scooting them into fuzzy house shoes before taking for the front door cautiously.

Turning off her phone screen, she peered through the peeper and couldn't see anything. Hesitant, but fast to act, she'd lean into the door facing and place her ear on it; listening.

"Hello?" She said, not loud enough for her voice to carry through out the house.

There wasn't an answer.

"Hello?"

She twists the lock, budges the door knob and cranks the barrier open and before her she saw Hannibal. Gasping, she steps back only to trip on the comforter than lazily drooped onto the floor near the bed. That was all that it took for Alana to wake up, gasping and in a furious sweat to see that her phone had been ringing off its hinges.

She shakily reaches out to answer it, "Hello?"

It was Jack.

-- ---- --

It was clear as day there, Jack had stepped aside in Clarices office to inform Alana about the case and that everything is running smoothly and also lend her an ear while she expressed some on the nightmare she had just encountered. After the both hang up, he looks over to her with a smug expression..

"Now for our culprit."

Jack steadily walked forward, placing a hand onto her desk as she sat behind it.

"I'm wondering .. if we pay a visit to Claridges, there's bound for something to happen there." Clarice informed Jack, heavily weighing with sleep but she was bound to pull through with this. There was not a moment to waste and she wanted just as badly to settle it as Jack does.

"It's worth a shot, what do you say to leaving right now?"

"Right now?" She asked dreary.

"Right now. We put on our vests, tell the SWAT team, get wired and head on out."

With Clarices nod, Jack removed himself from the edge of her desk and saw to it that she had raised from the seat; walking to him.

"Let's do it." She says.

__ --__---___

The event was a smaller one than before, yet Hannibal had been there with Will but Will was wearing something more on the casual side whereas Hannibal had chose to wear something oddly similar. An ivory button-up shirt with a black vest and leather belt to hold up his slacks; Will had worn his  pants and button up shirt, tie included. He thought he'd rather not wear the brown suit as he had before because the other chose to wear something different; being careful to not risk their appearance.