Chapter 15: The Sound of Silence

Jack arrived in London after about a day worth of traveling; exhausted, parking the grey rental car outside of a Motel.  Entering the Motel room he signed in for shortly after, tossing the key on the bed as he'd remove his jacket and pull from his suit pants his cell phone to dial Alana.

"Jack, please tell me everything is alright," Alana immediately said once she connected, not allowing the man the first chance at saying anything of the norm- not a hello- nothing, "I called about four times and decided to drop it."

"Don't worry, I'm alright. How are things with you and the others?"

"We're fine. More concerned about you leaving all on your own. You're a very dedicated man and I'm fully aware that you're stronger than some; exceedingly. But please- call me from now on."

Alana did indeed sound overly concerned for her health however, Jack sat down on the bed and pressed his fingers to the bridge of his nose, inhaling to level his unsteady heartbeat. Sleep bled through his system, aching bones wishing to surrender to it. "I'm alive just exhausted, I've been non-stop on this case and on top of that- barely slept in about two days."

"It's all falling back onto you, isn't it? It's really got to you, Jack. This is the second case, oddly the same and you're wasting away. I really hope that you survive this." Alana said to him in a dire way.

"I'll survive...," pausing then, he exhaled, "Live and thrive."

This lifted a bit of burden from Alana's shoulders as she picked back up after feeling a bit reassured, "Keep me updated, I'll let you rest."

"Alana," He waited to see if she'd respond but gladly she hadn't, this urged him to continue, "Thank you. You've been on top of it all for years now and I'm proud of you."

She wasn't quite sure what to say to this so she simply said, 'You're welcome, Jack.'

Once they had bid each other goodnight; daylight hours where he now crawled back onto the bed at. Jack closed his eyes for the better half of the day.

-__-__-__

There was nothing left of Brandon, so there'd been no way that Clarice could call on him for questioning as she sat unsure of where he disappeared to. Every thirty minutes for the last two hours, she'd phone him only to be sent to voicemail.

Finally giving in, she'd leave him word that she'd been harassing him recently and left things as that when she saw another agent walk into her office, closing the door tight behind him after nodding in address.

"I need to talk with you."

Clarice glanced to the chair a bit near her desk as she sat at her own, mentally twiddling her nervous thumbs. "I'm listening."

"It's about William Mareau. I pulled up his records and see that he's residing with another resident in a town home, the others name is Robertus Grey." Gabriel said, taking a seat at last.

"That name sounds familiar-," the instant she talked into the open was the instant she caught up with her memory, "Robertus Grey-," She exclaimed, spinning to her desktop as she pulled up the profile Database, "I met him and William Mareau both at Claridges last week." She'd inform, typing up the name then.

"Brandon Abram was reported missing yesterday." He says, causing Clarice to stop abruptly as then she was greeted by the black and white portfolio portrait of 'Robertus'.

"Missing?" She asked after a second of taking in Hannibal's facial expression and cold, distant eyes.

"Yup. But we can't send out a missing person search until 48 hours so until then we really have no ability to say whether he's gone, dead, or otherwise."