Birthday

[Enolive]
(This takes place before the loop was created and Victor is still here)
(And I forget who said they liked jealous Enoch, (so do I) but here is a little bit for you!)

/Enoch's POV\

I was working at my desk with Olive helping behind me. She was acting strange today, but I didn't really care.

Just then someone knocked on the door. I looked over to Olive so she knew she could open it. She walked over towards the door and opened it slowly. Victor was standing there smiling.

"Enoch?" Victor asked.

"What?" I mumbled.

"Can I borrow Olive? She'll be back soon." Victor asked.

"What for?" I wasn't going to give up my assistant that easily. Plus, even though Victor was my best friend (besides Olive) something made me not want them to be alone together. Was I jealous? Why would I be? It's not like I like Olive...I don't, do I?

"Miss Peregrine wants us to go to town to get some groceries." Victor explained.

"Fine." I mumbled.

/Olive's POV\

Victor and I walked to town. Today was Enoch's birthday. I don't know if he even noticed, or he just doesn't care. Probably the latter.

"So, we need decorations, gifts, and food." I said remembering the list Miss P gave us.

"I still don't think we should have a surprise party, Enoch won't like it." Victor said. He did have a point though.

"Well, maybe we don't have to say 'surprise' and all of that, but we can just say something along the lines of, get ready for your party, and then he'll come down and see!" I exclaimed.

"Maybe."

We walked through town and got almost everything we needed. I just needed to pick out a gift for him. Everybody had written down on a piece of paper what they wanted to give him, and we bought it. Victor said he was going to the park and to meet him there when I'm done.

I walked into a store and started looking around. I had no clue what I wanted to give him. I wanted it to be special, different from everybody else's.

I decided to get a new sweater for him, plus some extra clay for his dolls. It wasn't as special as I had hoped, but I did get him something else to go along with it. I payed and started walking towards the park. I saw Victor sitting on a bench and went over to him.

"I'm done."

'What did you get him?"

"Presents." I smiled.

"I never would have guessed that." He replied sarcastically.

We walked back to the house, put the groceries away, and went to my room to wrap everyone's presents. They had all made cards, or at least they just wrote Happy Birthday. After we finished we went downstairs and everything was decorated. We put the presents down and I went up to get Enoch.

I knocked on his door.

"Who is it?" He mumbled.

"It's me, Olive. May I come in?"