~Chapter 6~

"Hey I'll talk to you later" Gray said.

"Okay b..ye" I said back. He hung up before I could finish. I kept staring at my phone. What's going on with him?

"Well this is awkward" Mei said rocking back in forth on her heels. I just gave her a look.

"Well I'm going to go pretend to do something" she said walking out of my room. I sighed and walked over to grab my purse and keys. I walk downstairs grabbed an apple and said my goodbyes to Virgo,Capricorn,and Mei.

I locked the door behind me and I decided to use the steps instead of the elevator. I walked all the way to bottom where we have assigned parking spots. I opened my car door and got in. I started the car and turned on the radio.
-------------------------------
"Good morning Ever" I said as I was grabbing my apron and notepad.
"Good morning Lucy. How are you doing this morning?" She asked while filling out forms.
"Pretty swell" I replied with a shrug. She nodded in response. I made my way towards the front of the restaurant where 2 girls and 2 boys were standing.
"Table for 4?" I asked. One of the girls nodded in response. I grabbed four menus and made my way towards a booth.
"Is this table okay?" I asked.
"This is good thank you" One of the Males replied. I nodded and placed the menus in front of them.
"Your server will be with you shortly"I said and walked back to my post.

This continued till the clock struck 6:45. I walked towards a girl named Isabelle to notify her that my shift was over. I made my way towards the back and put my things into my locker.

"Bye Ever" I whispered yelled
"Bye Lucy" she replied in the same tone.

I sighed as I closed the door to my car. I ran my fingers through my blonde locks. Geez work was tough today. Seems like everyone wanted to eat out tonight. Usually Fridays are busy I thought as I rubbed my temple. I checked my phone the clock on the lock screen read 6:59. Hmm maybe I should send Gray a text I thought to myself.

New message to Gray
Are you okay?

I pressed send, turned the car on, and buckled up then drove out of the employee parking lot towards my house.
-------------------------------------
I woke up to a orange and pink hued sky and creme colored sand in my hair. I got up and shook the sand off my hair and body. I checked my phone.
7:00
2 texts
I didn't bother checking the messages instead I walked towards my car and drove back to my house. 10 minutes into the drive I decided to play some music off of my phone.
Playing...Fake Smiles by Phora.
It's like , the more I try the less I feel. In desperate need of something real.
Why, lately I haven't been the same? Why try so hard to hide this pain.
I search, but I can't seem to ever find. Can't seem to leave my past behind
Cause all the ones I hope would stay are all the ones that fade away.

I reached for the volume nozzle and turned it right.
Volume.....14 15 16 17 18 19 20

"And we hold on to the past cause we miss what it was. Don't wanna feel so we try numbin the pain with these drugs. Living in hell cause we lost faith in the place up above. My anxiety is breaking me, it kills me I'm living in a world so fake I lost touch of the real me." I rapped along.

Saw myself in the mirror, I'm just not the same

Few songs later I was in the driveway. I sighed and took my key out of the ignition and opened the bright red door to my house. I didn't bother saying I was home he wouldn't care anyways plus I didn't want to see his face. I walked back into my lifeless room and fell back on my bed. I checked my messages on my phone.
1 message from Lucy
1 message from Baby
I opened Juvias text first.
From: Baby
When are you getting home love?
I smiled just getting text from her makes me feel better. I've never told her but I love her with all my heart.
To: Baby
Tomorrow. Planning on leaving early.
I opened Lucy's message
From: Lucy
Are you okay?
To:Lucy
Yeah I'm fine.
I checked the clock it was 7:40. I decided to get ready for bed since I'm leaving early tomorrow.
-------------------------
I unlocked my house door and walked towards the kitchen and reheated the dinner Mei or Virgo made. After I finished I walked upstairs to my room, threw off my shoes and turned on the tv.
Bzzzzzzzz
I grabbed my phone and checked the message.
From: Gray
Yeah I'm fine.
I sighed and decided not to reply. I finished my food and got ready for bed.