Reality Hits Hard

Side note- listen to The Beautiful Ones by Prince while reading this. 😭

Lauren's P.O.V.

It was so damn quiet in here that you could hear a pen drop or cat and dogs making noise in the streets from the hospital.

"Come again say what?" Harlee pretended like he was deaf in one ear but he heard exactly what I said.

I sighed and start to twiddle with my fingers again. "......I'm pregnant."

Shock expressions was on everybody's face. I know the questions in my brothers mind is like "How the fuck can this pop up outta the blue?"

"When did this happened?" Harper asked with calm but stern look with his arms crossed as he sat back in his seat.

"About a month ago." I stated quietly.

"A month ago,Lauren,you mean that you couldn't tell any one of was that you were a month pregnant."

"That's the thing,Harlee. I didn't know that I was pregnant myself."

That awkward silence filled the room again.

Harper asked the question,everybody wanted to know. "So,who's the father?"

I start to feel my heartbeat go faster and faster as the nervousness started to get to me. All eyes were on me. Except for my sisters since they already knew who the father was. Once I mention this it's gon be a shock all over again.

"Eric." I whispered.

"Hol' up,Eric who? Cause I pray to God right now that you ain't talm 'bout Eric "Eazy-E" Wright?!" Harlee pulled Shawn back to tame his rising anger.

Tears started to well up and my throat started to get tight. I nodded my head.

Shawn groaned,running the palm of his hands through his beard. "Lauren what the fuck?!"

"Shawn calm down." Harlee looked at kinda with disappointment but I know he still love me. "Lauren,what were you thinkin'?"

I chuckled and flashed him a tight smile. "That's the thing,Harlee. I wasn't thinkin'." A year slipped down my face. "I was blinded by love......I'm so sorry." I turned on my side so they wouldn't look at me weeping.

I felt someone rub my arm in comfort. "There's no need to be sorry. You may be our lil sister but you're an adult,you make ya own decisions now. With this being said whatever happens we gon be by your side." I couldn't say anything cause I didn't want to. I just laid on my side still thinking of the sake of my baby.

"I almost killed my baby." I sobbed clenching the cotton material blanket.

"Shh," Harlee continued to rub my arm as he tried to calm me down. "It's ok,Lauren. The best thing outta this situation is that the baby is still alive. And it's also a learning lesson."

I face towards him. "Ya know almost breaking the group apart or leaving Evonne and Esiah alone for six months couldn't open ya eyes so now I guess eventually God had to show you something more important than that."

"But Eric was right. Ima unfit mama."

"No,no,no. Look he just said that outta anger. Lauren I never could see you being unfit for them,you love yella skinned kids more than you love Eric. Matter of fact I know you love them so much,you willing to make us tell them you said that you love them and then," He grabbed my hand and placed it on my stomach. "You still worried 'bout this lil one." He smiled at me.