Serendipity

Third Person POV

Confounding. Jack supposed that was a proper word to describe (Y/N) (L/N). For centuries, he had been left to his own devices. His indefinite solitude had given him ample time to mull over the state of his existence.

He came to believe that perhaps it was in everyone's best interest if he was invisible to humans. Could he truly believe that he would be accepted if humans were privy to his existence?

He was a harbinger of death and sorrow. Every winter, cries rose up over cities as families mourned the passings of their loved ones. Was he a monster?

He'd spent centuries attempting to work through his existential crisis, seeking reason in a sea of fear and doubt. All of his searches were in vain.

He yearned for escape from the unyielding torment. He wished for a guiding light, a safe harbor. Would he be forced to endure this for the rest of eternity? What a wicked mind game to play!

Time was such a fickle thing. It had its moments where it would stay with you, languidly traveling at your pace. In contrast, it also had its moments where it would pass by so fast that no one could even tell that it had arrived.

This was what was going through the winter spirit's mind during the moment that drastically affected his existence.

Someone had called out in concern for his wellbeing since he was standing barefoot in snow and ice. He naturally assumed that they were speaking to someone else, but he was the only other person there.

He knew that there was a chance of this being fake, but he just had to know.

He had never been so grateful for his morbid curiosity.

There was a human girl standing there and looking directly at him. She looked very concerned.

"Excuse me sir, aren't you cold?" She inquired.

He stared at her for a awhile in shock. He was having his doubts about the reality of the situation. Nevertheless, he responded.

"I'm fine." He internally winced at the scratchy sound of his voice. He hadn't spoken in so long.

Jack was positive that there was something special about her. Perhaps she was a spirit like him?

The two ended up conversing for awhile. The whole time, Jack danced around the subject of his identity. What if she laughed at him? Or what if this was only an illusion and telling her who he truly was would shatter it?

After she told him her name, he'd had no choice but to be honest. Imagine his surprise when she believed him!

Hearing her say it exterminated all doubts that he'd had moments prior. He wondered if she had been here throughout his entire existence, waiting for him.

The serendipity in this moment had been inexplicable. He didn't know who she was but he intended to find out.

As long as it had been, this moment made it all worth it to Jack. He had finally found his meaning in a girl named (Y/N).

And to him, that was everything.

A/N: Wow, it's been awhile. Hello again everyone! If you are still here thank you for sticking with this book despite the horrid space between updates! I love you all and as always, thank you for reading!❤️❤️❤️