‡1‡ Of Omegas and Douchebags

Asexuality is not a crime.

But... Unfortunately, to the obstinate parents of one Tino Vainomoinen, it might as well be.

He heaved a sigh from his position on the gazebo and watched the resulting white mist that swirled before his face. Lazily he plopped his cheek into his palm and rested his elbow on the guardrail.

Winter swept through the mansion garden and left a thick blanket of white in its wake. Tree branches hung bare save for icicles and the pond, on which the gazebo sat, was frozen over solid.

The barren landscape was probably the most hilariously cliché yet sadly appropriate image to describe his current love life; and in a family like his with over a century long history of bearing top quality omegas, his twenty year old single status was "an absolutely scandalous  mark on their family name" ( his mother's words exactly).

He snorted creating yet another cloud of frost.

He honestly didn't see the need for the rush to mate. It's not like he'd die if he forwent it, right? Even the need to specifically mate an alpha didn't seem all that much. A nice beta could be just as good a lover.

His mother almost fainted when he told them such. They turned up the pressure lately since almost all of his cousins in his age group and, recently, even his younger sister were mated to upper class alphas. A few were already expecting.

These days they were all but bodily forcing him into attending all sorts of social gatherings and tossing what seemed like every single alpha there in the venu at him. All of whom proceeded to act as if they'd never seen a twenty year old virgin omega before.

He turned them all down.

His parents were furious.

Its not like Tino abhored the thought of love. On the contrary, even now, he held onto the hope of someday finding a mate that went together with him like pop rocks and soda.

He wanted something explosive yet slow burning with someone who made his heart do a mad jig across his rib cage. Tino wanted a real romance. Not the life of docilely following behind an obnoxious husband and endless child bearing and childrearing till his death by old age. He had no urge to mate and start a family with the type of man who would use his alpha pheromones and money to try and cow him into obedience when his says "no".

Unfortunately, this preference never makes it across to all those alpha suitors who took one look at the perfect, hereditary childbearing hips, petite stature, cherub features, silky platinum blonde hair, pale creamy skin and big watery plum colored eyes and turned into absolute dogs.

Big, furless, lecherous beasts with roaming hands and eyes. Faaaar from Tino's taste.

His parents thought he was just being difficult, so they continued to up the pressure. Forcing him into clothes that clung to his hips and thighs with necklines that dipped low. They made sure the fabric clung to his waist like a second skin.

Not only did it succeed in making him self conscious, it attracted the more... pushy alphas that leered at him so hard he could hardly choke down the contents of his champagne flute.

Hence, his position now: dressed like a five dollar whore hiding away from his matchmaking parents and pushy alphas in a secluded corner of their frozen garden feeling sorry for himself.

He sighed for the umpteenth time that evening.

"Will you stop that." Came the monotonous voice from beside him.

Tino turned to pout at one of his only comrades left in the single omegas camp: his cousin Lukas Bondevik. Lukas returned an unimpressed azure stare before going back to his papers as he shuffled through them marking errors with his red pen and muttering to himself.