‡7‡ Of Mates and Conflict

Tino stared at the wall of the tent in a daze.

He’d been in this camp for five days now, and the only contact he had was with his new “mate”. Thoughts of the large blonde alpha also brought his mind to the subject he was trying to avoid: the fresh mating mark adorning the back of his neck.

He was mated.

The thought still left him dazed at the unrealness of it all. There was no courting, no dates, no conversation, no consent… but he was mated to a total stranger. There was also no sex as of yet, but Tino thanked his lucky stars for that.

Since the first time Tino showed his aversion during that first night, the blonde alpha had not forced himself on him. He did, however, unashamedly use Tino’s thighs thrice more, covering the him with his cum and rubbing it into his skin until the omega was saturated in his scent. He was marking him. Each time Tino could only hide his face in humiliation since the alpha always made sure to bring him to completion too, touching and kissing him all over.

During this time he’d not been graced with a stitch of clothing and therefore was forced to curl up on the bed of furs and cover himself with some of them to achieve some semblance of decency. He’d been allowed to bathe occasionally in a huge wooden tub filled with hot water that was placed in the tent, but he couldn’t even enjoy the feeling of getting clean as his captor turned mate would always watch him with feverish eyes, seemingly on the verge of jumping the omega any minute. Under such a hungry gaze, Tino could only quickly clean himself before the man made to grab him or something.

Tino wanted very much to just damn this man to hell with every fibre of his soul but… the mark.

This damned mating mark was doing something to him!

The first time he woke up after that terrifying night, he found himself snugly wrapped in the arms of the blonde alpha who was watching him so closely with that intense gaze of his that Tino could feel his warm breath ghosting across his face. Tino’s first response was yank himself away from the man’s arms, his entire face flushed as he replayed the memories of the night before. He froze in his futile attempt to put distance between himself and the alpha’s powerful grip when a twinge of pain from the back of his neck brought up the, arguably, most important memory from last night: The alpha marking him.

Surprisingly, the expected rush of pure, unadulterated anger, fury and embarrassment was trampled by a sudden inexplicable feel of fascination, joy and admiration that almost bowled him over. Tino was shocked silly by these emotions that seemed to come out of nowhere. His confusion didn’t last for long, as soon realized the source of these feelings to be the throbbing bite mark on the back of his neck.

Yes, these new emotions were coming from the link between him and his new “mate”. Despite the almost bloodthirsty glare that never seemed to leave the man’s face, the emotions seeping into Tino’s mind as the man watched him were incredibly tender. Foreign emotions, not his own were clashing and contradicting inside his head every time he was near the man.

It was driving Tino insane.

He wanted to hate the bastard that kidnapped him, almost raped him and forcefully mated him, but those foreign emotions from the bond left him at a loss. It was like a sinful voice in his ear telling him to give himself away wholly to the man. It promised happiness, protection, passion and so much more… from this man he knew nothing about.

He refused to be influenced by a biological reaction, damnit! It didn’t matter that he was now irrevocably chained to this bastard. It didn’t matter that he practically couldn’t resist anything the man chose to do to him physically at the moment; His own damned mind was a sanctuary he refused to relinquish, so he fought the urges from the bond and separated his own feelings from the ones leaking through it.