Part 5

I stepped through the doors of the mess hall and found Kibum already standing over the stove cooking. "I was told to help you out" I blurted out causing him to jump in fear. I couldn't help but to let out a small giggle as he sighed. "M-major! You've got to stop sneaking up on me!" I laughed at his little reaction. "My apologies, what can I help with?" I asked walking closer to the stove. "Could you wash off the vegetables? I want to make kimchi tonight" he extended his arm pointing to the vegetables on the counter that sat next to a knife. I stepped over to the vegetables and began to rinse them off in the sink. Not even halfway done rinsing off the cabbage, a dropping sound rang in my ears. "Aish!" Kibum blurted out. My eyes darted in his direction as I see him clutching his hand. "Are you alright?" I stepped closer to him to look at his hand. "I just burned myself that's all" I rolled my eyes at his attempt to be strong and pulled him to the sink. "You don't have to act tough, all people get hurt" I commented before letting cold water run on his hand. With a towel that I wetted, I wrapped up his hand. "Aish! It hurts" he mumbled out. "Well a burn never feels good" I smirked and told him to sit. "What about you major? Don't you need a chair?" He asked me before trying to get up. "Stay. Why would I need a chair when I have to finish cooking" "but major! It's my job to cook!" My eyes rolled. "Just enjoy your break and don't complain" I ordered before picking up where he left off. "Yes ma'am" "don't call me ma'am!"

After dinner I sat out in the ruins star gazing. There's so little here but so much beauty within it. The sound of running pulled me from my daze and back to reality as a group of men passed me. "What's going on?" I asked a member of the alpha team. "Sergeant Wonha is missing" my jaw dropped in shock. Wonha? Missing? He's never gone missing, he's the least likely to get caught in a mission, he's never left without orders either.

I walked all over the base looking for Wonha, sure enough he's not here. I had my head down in disbelief, this isn't like him... he's giving our team a bad name. "Sergeant, where were you?" I over heard. My feet stopped in their tracks as I looked over to see Major Yoo scolding Wonha. "I thought I found a suspicious person earlier.... I followed him, turns out he was just a produce seller" Wonha hung his head low in disappointment. "You left base without notifying your team or superiors, you left without orders, you were rogue" Major Yoo said. "Never do that again, at the break of dawn, 50 laps around the base and you still have to do daily exercise, do I make myself clear?" Wonha lifted his head and saluted Major Yoo. "Yes sir!"

I ran up to Wonha and yanked his shoulder so he would turn around and look at me. "Yah! Are you crazy?" I asked him. "Sorry major.... my gut got the best of me" he apologized awkwardly. "How could you do that? I was worried about you! I searched this base 20 times for you and-" Wonha cut off my ranting with a kiss. "I promise it won't happen again, major" he whispered against my lips. "You don't have to keep referring to me as major when it's just us, Wonha" I whispered back. "As long as your in that uniform, I do" he smirked then pecked my lips. "We've been dating for a year and a half, when are you going to act like you care about me in front of people?" I asked wrapping my arms around his neck. "When the time is right" he smiled and left a gentle kiss on my cheek before walking away. I turned back and looked at Wonha who was growing smaller as his distance from me grew larger. "How come you never say that you love me?" I mumbled to myself.