Part 16

My head throbbed as I sat up. "Holy cow that hurts" I groaned out squeezing my eyes shut. "Well you got extremely drunk last night major...." I opened my eyes to see Taeki sitting at my bedside. "Stating the obvious doesn't make me feel better" I mumbled. Taeki handed me a wet rag and a glass of water. "How drunk was I?" I questioned. "Well for starters, you were rambling about how you were in love with First Lieutenant Kim Kibum and that you and him were going to get be married and own 14 unicorns" I rolled my eyes at how weird my imagination was. "Neither of those things are true" I mumbled. "Suuuure, you do realize how bad the medical team is at keeping secrets right?" My eyes widened as I spit water across the room. "What?!" I blurted out still having water fall from my lips. "Say it don't spray it major, but yeah, basically the whole base knows you like him" Taeki mumbled. "Chi Hoon promised not to tell anyone" I complained. "What's so bad? You should just go for it major, I mean sometimes a man won't confess-" my eyes widened at the idea that Kibum knows about my crush. "Please don't tell me Kibum knows" I plopped my head into my palms. "Well he hasn't said if he does or doesn't know-" "Major!" The door flew open, causing my head to shoot up and look to see Changyun running into the room out of breath. "I found him" he panted hunched over. "Him-?" "Former Captain Dong Sunghyun" he regained his breath and stood up straight. "Show me now"

My phone buzzed as the screen lit up showing the coordinates Changyun sent me. I put on the final touch to my outfit, a black hat that held my hair inside it. "Finally to finish off the bastard" I whispered to myself as I placed my folded uniform on my bed. My eyes glanced up from my bed whilst I looked at myself in an all black stealth uniform. The words Sijin had said to me before I chose to do this played in my head.

"They found him" I said with a serious tone. "You haven't received orders to go after him, major Yu" my eyes rose from the floor and met his. "Orders or not, I'm going after him, I have to do this" I stated firmly. Sijin sighed and looked at me. "Are you sure about this?" He asked. My head nodded indicating a yes. "I've never been more sure about a self assigned mission before in my life, Major Yoo" I said. Sijin sighed "I can't stop you it seems, but you realize, as soon as you leave the base, you're on your own. You'll be counted as rogue"

I took off my dog tags and set them on my uniform before grabbing my weapons, a pistol, a back up gun, and a knife before heading out of the bunkers and making my way to my SUV. "Time to avenge Wonha"