Three

Dan woke up the next day, feeling very tired, but also extremely happy. Last night, after he had come home, he had realized that he didn't actually go to the book shop, to see Phil. He had been too caught up with meeting PJ.

  Dan laid in the bed for a while, thinking about last night. It had all happened a bit quickly, and he could barely remember the details. But he did remember seeing Phil, on the streets and not in the store for once. Dan smiled at the memory.

  His phone buzzed on the table beside him, and Dan rolled onto his side, picking it up. He had a message from an unknown number.

  hey Dan ;) it's PJ, from last night?

  Dan smiled, glad that at least PJ hadn't forgotten about him.

  hey, what's up? He texted back. After he sent it, he climbed out of the bed and went into the living room. He usually had something to eat after waking you, but he just wasn't all that hungry right now.

  not much. I was wondering if maybe you'd like to hang out today?

  Dan barely knew PJ, or at least the real life PJ, and he didn't really know if it was the greatest idea to go and hang out with a random stranger. But hey, that's how you made friends, right?

  yeah, sure! what time?

  PJ texted him the details, time and place, and Dan saw he only had an hour to get ready and be there on time. He put the phone down and started to get ready.

  After showering and doing his hair, Dan quickly picked out some clothes and threw them on. It had taken longer than he had thought, and he was already running late. Only by a few minutes, but still.

  Making sure he had everything he needed, phone, keys, wallet, Dan ran out the door and onto the street. He waved to catch a taxi, and one immediately pulled up in front of him. He jumped inside and told the driver where to go, relaxing slightly as the car started to race through the streets of London.

                **************

  Ten minutes later, and twenty minutes late, Dan finally arrived at their meeting place. He really hoped that PJ wasn't angry that he was late. He pushes open the door and walked in, looking for Peej.

  They'd decided to meet up at a restaurant that was a bit more, uh... posh than Dan expected. The floors were red and seemed very plush. Chandeliers hung from the ceiling, giving the room a very dramatic lighting. Dan spotted the other male sitting close to the back. He hadn't noticed Dan's arrival, and was nervously picking at his sleeves. Dan smiled at him. He was pretty cute.

  But what about Phil, Dan? Don't you love him?

  He did. But it's not like Phil even knew who he was, let alone would ever feel the same way. Still, he had this feeling deep in his stomach that, by seeing PJ like this, he was somehow betraying Phil.

  He shook it off, and walked over to PJ, smiling as the other boy looked up and saw him approaching.

  "Hey there." he said brightly as he sat down.

  "Hey." PJ said, still smiling from ear to ear. "Um, thanks for coming to meet me. I didn't think you'd be the type to hang out with a total stranger."

  Dan laughed, mostly because he didn't think that he was that type either. "What can I say, I can't deny a pretty face." He repeated PJs words from last night. They both laughed then, and Dan had to admit, so far it was going quite well.

  The waiter came over then, and they ordered drinks, water for Dan and wine for PJ.

  "So, I have a question for you." PJ said as the waiter left. "Last night, when you called me 'Peej'-" Oh boy. "How did you know that was my nickname? Only my really close friends call me that."