Eight

When Thursday finally did roll around, Dan was surprised to find that he was actually a bit nervous about seeing PJ. They hadn't really spoken in some time, and he just had a feeling it was going to be a bit awkward.

  He kind of hated himself, to be honest, because he'd been ditching his boyfriend for Phil, and even though it seems kind of stupid, he felt guilty about it. It wasn't like he was cheating on PJ or anything, but at the same time, he continuously put Phil before him. He had to be the worst boyfriend ever.

They had made plans to go to a recently opened club, and honestly, Dan was kind of excited.  As it was, he wasn't much of an outdoors person, but he thought that this would be good for him. Being surrounded by other people, as unappealing as it might seem, all dancing to the same songs and drinking the same drinks. Maybe it would help him clear his head a little, and focus on his boyfriend a little more.

  It was going to rain. Dan could tell, as soon as he stepped outside looking up at the darkening sky, heavy with dark clouds. It wasn't much different from regular London weather, but that didn't mean he was any less bitter about it. He was already running late, he didn't need Mother Nature fighting him now.

  It took him twenty minutes to finally reach his destination, and by that time it had started drizzling, and he was eager to get inside. PJ had said he'd meet him inside, and so he wasted no time in shuffling into the building, hastily shoving his ID in the guards face and stepping into a dim, hazy room. There were people everywhere, mostly in the middle of the room, moving intricately to some sort of dubstep trance music, and there people crowded around the bar. Dan immediately felt out of place, his stomach twisting anxiously at the overwhelming amount of physicality going on around him. He tried not to seem so fastidious, looking around for PJ, but he was sure he looked as finicky as he felt.

  He was starting to hyperventilate slightly, stuck in the middle of the floor with people all around him, strangers at that, when he finally caught sight of PJ, on the other side of the room leaning against a wall boredly. Dan heaved a sigh of relief, pushing through the crowd not so politely until he was standing in front of Peej.

  "Hey." Dan said, smiling slightly when PJ looked over at him, blatantly checking him out. He knew the jeans he was wearing were a bit tighter than he usually wore them, he'd bought them just for this occasion.

  "Hey." PJ said, reaching out and brushing a stray strand of hair from Dan's face. Dan flushed, looking away awkwardly. He heard PJ laugh, and glared up at him playfully. "Sorry." he said. "You're just really cute sometimes."

  Dan smiled at him, and shrugged. "Well, you're not so bad yourself."

  PJ laughed again, shaking his head. He grabbed Dan's hand, pulling him closer. Dan shivered slightly, at the feel of PJs warm breath against his ear, and down his neck. "I've really missed you lately." he muttered, barely audible over the loud music, blaring some alternative bass and guitar. Dan reached up, almost unconsciously, gripping PJs shirt loosely.

  He had missed this. No matter how infatuated he had become with Phil, spending all of his time in that dusty old bookshop, he had missed PJ. Maybe not very strongly, but there was the smallest yearning in his gut.

  "Do you wanna dance?" PJ said suddenly, and Dan looked over at him.

  "I, uh," Dan said. "I'm not much of a dancer."

  PJ scoffed. "Oh come on. You can't come to a club and not dance with me. It's common protocol."

  Dan looked down, smiling slightly. "I don't know how."

  "Well, I'll teach you."PJ said, and pulled Dan out into the middle of the room by his hand. Dan rolled his eyes, but obliged silently.

  There was pushing and shoving all around him, other guys and girls jumping, moving, dancing to the beat of some highly mainstream song. It was unnerving, to say the least, and Dan was very out of place. But PJ was still holding his hand, and so he took a deep breath and blocked it all out, trying to focus on having a good time.

  PJ took his wrists gently, wrapping them around his own neck. Dan looked away bashfully, his fingers combing through PJs curls softly. PJ had his hands resting on Dan's hips, his thumb brushing against the hem of his shirt and sliding under it slowly, tracing the skin and making Dan tense.

  They were going at a much slower pace than the song would call for, but it was good. Dan had his face buried in PJs shoulder, his eyes closed, and just letting himself fell this, get lost in the moment.

  PJ moved in closer, so that they were touching almost chest to foot, and his hands grew tighter against Dan's skin, moving around to his lower back. Dan gasped softly as his hands moved lower, just above the curve of his ass, but they paused there. His breathing was getting heavier, his body getting hotter.

  PJs hands were on his bare skin now, pushing under his shirt and exploring the length of his back. Dan moved, so that he was nose to nose with PJ, their breaths mingling, and Dan tightened his grip in PJs hair, pulling him closer, their lips-

  "PJ."

  And the moment was gone.

  Dan pulled away reluctantly, his hands sliding down PJs chest, and back down to his sides. He looked over to whoever had jumped into their personal moment.

  It was a guy. His hair was brown, not much lighter than Dan's, and his eyes were a bright hazel in the flashing lights of the club.

  "Chris." PJ said, somewhat offhandedly. He was looking at the guy weirdly, like he knew him from somewhere.

  And not it had gotten awkward.

                                ********************************************

  a/n: Yooooooooooooooooooo, bet y'all thought this was over with.

   I'm like, really fucking sorry for this long ass hiatus, but motivation and ideas for this story are, like, very hard to come by. You don't know how many times I've tried to write this chapter. Just, it wasn't working for me.

  But I promised it wasn't over, and I like to keep my promises. So here it is, a short update on this. Hope it was worth it (probs not) and I'll see ya later babes. Peace :3