Chapter 5

VALENTINES DAY! Was in big letters across the wall when you first walk into the school. There was pink and red ribbons everywhere along with random hanging hearts. Man they went all out with this.

Whenever people confess "I'm giving you my heart," all my literal, sarcastic ass could picture was someone literally ripping their heart out of their body and giving it to their 'love.' And some people hypothetically die for nothing, because the one reciving is practically stomped on their heart. I'm a cruel person.

I headed to my first period and saw Max sitting at his desk, staring at a blue bag that he clearly brought for his girlfriend.

I snuck up behind him. "Boo." I said I enthusiastically on purpose.

He jumped and turned around. "It's not halloween, you know."

I shook my head. "Doesn't matter, either was there's candy involved."

He laughed and handed me the bag. "Happy valentine's day."

"Thanks." I looked in it and saw alot of sour gummy worms, my favorite.

"Soooo..." he looked at me.

"Soooo what?"

"What did you get me?"

"Wait, I was supposed to get you something?" I said jokingly. "Just kidding, you'll have to wait." I winked. "I'm going to put this in my locker so I don't end up eating it all in one class."

I walked out and headed to my locker when I saw Roxi. That snobby little punk better not try any shenanigans. I unlocked my locker, making sure she didn't see my combination, put the candy in, and shut it and left without a word.

When I cant back into class, I noticed everyone gone exept Max. "Where's everyone?"

He shrugged. "I honestly don't know. For once, they left me out, but I don't care, because I have you." He had a huge grin on his face.

I walked over to him and kissed his forehead. "I seen Roxi in the locker room."

"Did she see you?"

"I don't know, but I didn't say anything to her."

"Good. That brat could pick on someone her own size."

"True, she is really short."

We laughed when the bell rang and the teacher walked in. "Just you two today?"

"What do you mean?"

"Usually, a lot of juniors and seniors skip, and I'm sure you guys know why."

We looked at each other and shook our heads.

"Well, I didn't have anything planned, so if you don't have anything planned in any other classes, you can leave."

"Thanks!" We got up and booked it.

We headed to my car and got in. "So where do you want to go?" I all I could think about was food, and I think Max knew too.

"Food?"

"Where?"

"Taco Bell?"

"Hell yes!"

I put the car in gear and headed to Taco Bell.

For the rest of the day, we hung out at my house until dinner, went out for dinner, then went home.