Chapter 3

He couldn't survive from that horrible incident he caused. He thought it was so atrocious that he would never want to do that again.

Get it out of my head, he thought, trying to shake it off.

It stained inside his memory for a little while and he thought he should just not appear in front of her again. And maybe his friend was right, he should forget it.

Alas, his poor mind wouldn't do so and he just had more thoughts about her.

Joshua was briefly passing by going out near the courtyard and then he stopped.

Onto the right side, he spotted Coral. She was watering the school plants while holding a watering can. He saw that she poured water for the flowers.

This was one of the reasons he likes about her. She was nice and gentle toward other living things. He had seen her taking care of the environment and volunteering to do the things and responsibilities that no one would have offered first.

Since the beginning to now, she still continued to take care of the school's ecosystem.

It was just that her heart and love of kindness was more beautiful in a person than he has seen. Along with her drive and devotion.

Coral's smile radiant when she observed the flowers after being watered. It appeared more exquisite to her.

He quickly looked away and pushed himself up against the wall. He thought seeing that smile of hers even in just one quick moment was undeniably too much. He shouldn't even be here.

Taking a few seconds, he slowly regained his composure and lifted his back off the wall. Joshua now was currently in a state of panic.

Should I go left or should I go right? he thought as he faced left and then faced right, and doing the same again.

Should I go left... Facing left, that's out in the open. Should I go right... Facing right, that's the opposite direction going back to where he was.

He looked on both sides.

His mind as well as his body was constantly changing direction and was slow to decide on where to go. It goes left, right, left, right, left, right, left, right until he couldn't get enough.

Doing this enough times he decided to go back where he was, but before he was about to, he accidentally stumbled with his feet and fell down.

And flat, he landed himself on the surface ground.

"Owww," Joshua groaned at his own fall.

Coral just spotted Joshua there and she gasped at his fallen appearance. "Oh my."

"Are you okay?" she called out.

He quickly picked up the pace immediately as he heard her voice. Joshua wasted no time and rose from the ground, feigning that his hurt was nothing.

His head faced in the other direction, avoiding contact as he quickly nodded his head.

She smiled once again, feeling relieved that he wasn't hurt.

As if that moment didn't happen, he quickly fast walked out of there.

Joshua's eyes plainly shut tightly just from that. His hand reflexively pounded against his chest and listened to his own beating heart, thumping really fast.

Man, I really fell. Why did I have to do that? He could feel his cheeks burning up.

When he went back out in the hallways, he spotted a couple of guys just chatting. Looking at their appearance, they are way much better than he looked.

Guys like them had awesome clothes, bigger muscles, cool hair, and actually have confidence in themselves. When he thought about himself, all he had was a messy shaggy mop hair, glasses on his face, plain ordinary or casual clothes not standing out, his weak muscles, and his lacking confidence through life.

He thought, no one could go for a guy like him. Maybe that was why. He hated that he lacked in a lot of things that he wish he could have.

Sighing, he moved along the pace and just went to the library.

The library was one good thing he could resort to when all troubles just run through his mind.

There was an empty table not too far and he went over to take a seat. When he sat there, he heard his phone buzzing from his backpack.

Joshua putted his backpack on the table and unzipped a section of its pocket to retrieve his phone.

It was a message from Scooter that popped out.

I set you up with someone. Meet me tomorrow out in the quad.