Chapter 14

Joshua had a little bit of the time to spare so he decided to read a little bit before class. Since he got out from second period, it would be quick reading. Pulling out a book that was for an English class, he opened to his bookmark page to begin reading where he left off. 

"Go get Declan," One of the guys said to the other. 

He nodded and soon Declan went off to do a task. 

Joshua flipped to the next page. He thought next that instead of standing he should find a place to sit to read. While with just some last lines left he couldn't finish, a splash of cold water suddenly interrupted him as it strewed on him and all over his body.

He was soaked and cold. What the-, he thought to himself and looked up above him since that's where it came from. There were two guys on the second floor of the building and it occurred to him that they were the guys from the last time when they talked about her. 

They were holding a gallon bucket. 

"Nice one," the first guy said with a wicked smile as he put out a hand and high-five his friend who returned it. 

"And it became easier. I-" a guy stopped talking when he saw Joshua. He smiled to himself before he turned back to Coral, whom he was speaking to. 

This was great. Joshua thought to himself as he couldn't walk around to school like this. Some people had already noticed him. 

He looked at his book and was grateful that not much water got onto the pages. He closed the book and put it away into his backpack. 

His sight fell on Coral when he looked as she wasn't too far. A guy was talking to her. Joshua glanced back up at the second floor. Would it have something to do with this, he wondered.

Her eyes were astonished when she saw how he looked. 

"Let's continue this later, hmm?" he said, and she only simply nodded before he walked off.

Joshua looked up above again but this time they were gone. He sighed to himself. 

 "Are you okay?"

"Huh?" he said before he saw who was speaking to him and became startled. He cautiously moved back a little. 

"You're wet," Coral said worriedly as she glanced at him. 

He still didn't know what to do as he stood there. 

"I'll go get a towel. Wait here." 

"You don't have to-" she rushed off before he could finish his sentence.

Joshua rubbed his now wet hair with his hand awkwardly. The water had dripped down onto the bedding of the grass.  

Shortly after a couple of minutes, he saw Coral coming back and pacing her way. "Let me help you dry it off," she said.

Before he could protest, she unfolded the soft peach colored towel and then placed it on his head. She held the towel from each end and proceeded to rub it for him. 

It was all at once that he observed how close she was to him. He watched as she was attentively aiding him. The way her hands gripped gently and smoothly on the towel, the way her eyes focused to make sure that his hair was drying, the way that she had to help him without his acceptance.

He'd never thought of how her touching felt nice. 

Coral was busied on drying off his hair and before she knew it she thought she was overstepping her boundary, which caused her to bring back what was happening. "I'm sorry," she paused. 

He didn't say anything. 

Coral was on her guard. She didn't know whether to let him dry off on his own or continued doing so since she already started.  

She was hesitant and lowered her hands down. 

"Um..." she stood as she was the one that didn't know what to say. She didn't have much thought other than the act of helping.

Joshua stood speechless. 

Coral glanced back at him and decided that she'd help him dry off a bit more so she went back to drying off his hair. 

"May I?" she asked.

He watched her actions. Her fingertips were nearly touching the temple of the glasses. She looked at him for a second and removed his glasses out of his face. 

Coral handed him his glasses and continued to slowly move the towel around his hair.

"I just want to be careful," she mentioned the reason. 

Carefully paying attention to his hair, she thought it was less damp and this had helped after all. She stopped to look at his eyes.

It was kind of weird for him because normally not many people had seen Joshua without his glasses, and he never thought she would. 

"Your eyes looked really pretty," Coral said with a gentle smile formed on her face.

"They do?" Joshua finally said.

"Yeah, they do."

He thought he could hear his heart racing from the proximity that they're at. They're not far away from each other. 

"I never noticed it, but up close, I'm seeing it," she said. Coral rubbed off one last time and then finished off for him. 

"You could return it later," she pointed to the towel. 

Joshua nodded, and Coral flashed him a small smile. 

"Thank you..." he managed to say.

"You're welcome," she answered gleefully. 

--

And another chapter is out. Boyyyyy. Tell me what do you think of this one? I think it's pretty nice and lighthearted. Summer is coming our wayy and I have the urge to write another story without finish my current WIP. I'm hoping to get inspired, ahhhh. Is the new cover for the story okay? I'm hoping it's more appropriate and... soft. Somebody tell me :> Anyhow, let's see what's next.

Don't forget to vote and comment, please. They're always helpful for me as an author and for you, as a reader!