Chapter 4

The sight before Jack and I could of sent shivers down anyone's spines. My mother.. My own mother on her bed, skin ghostly white and clinging onto her bones and muscles as much as they could. Her eyes dull and lifeless all shine and colour gone from them. Jacks hand laid gently on my shoulder as I couldn't move. "Ma?" I asked out softly as I moved towards her. Her head ever so slowly turned towards me and I watched as she tried to make words out. "Ma don't worry. Save your energy" I whispered as I knelt down next to her. Jack still stood at the door watching me. I grabbed her hand softly. My mother is my life I can't watch her go so soon. She's the only person who accepted me and helped me through.

I wiped my eyes as tears slowly traced my dirty cheek. "Is she going to be ok?" I asked as I just acknowledged the presence of the doctor in the room. The doctor looked at me with sympathy "I'm not sure son" he walked over to me and touched my shoulder as he turned around and walked out of the room. I broke down into more tears and I felt Jack stand behind me. My mother's hand slowly held mine as I looked up at her not knowing how to react to what to do. My Mother is on the brink of death and I am here with not enough money to even buy her the medication she needed.

I stayed by my mother's side with Jack next to me for what seemed like hours. "Trip I should go. The boys will be wondering where I am" Jack said as he looked towards the window where you could easily tell how late it had gotten. "O-ok" my voice cracked "I don't know if I'll show up to work tomorrow" I said as my head collided with the bed my body shaking. "Trip that's ok. The boys and me will cover for ya and will make sure to drop by" He patted my head as he walked out. I was now alone with my mother's dyeing body.

I stood up weakly my body hurting from me being on my knees for so long. I stumbled to my mum's door as I looked behind me to see her. I closed the door and headed towards my own room. My body was shaking as everything sunk into my thoughts. 'I could be losing my mother soon' I thought to myself over and over again. I could't loose another family member. I have nowhere to go. Unless they make me live with my uncle but I've never met him before how am I suppose to know what he looks like? I groaned as my head hit my pillow my body freezing up with pain.

I kept looking up the ceiling not knowing what to do. A few weeks ago my world was perfect my mother healthy. Now I'm working on the street and living with a sick mother. It was like nothing worse could happen to me.