Chapter 3 - Asia

His first continent touchdown was Asia1.

This is the continent with the largest land area and more head count per person than any other place else on earth.

Here he met a young girl called Da Azrah.

She was pretty with likable features as the girl he was looking for.

Edan was sure lady luck was with him.

He was convinced he may never need to travel the seven continents to find her.

It was looking good already.

Like a man in command when everything seemed great on the outside, he was confident.

Then he smiled and made his approach.

"Good morning sparkle! I must confess to you my dear. You have a certain attractive but rare glow. Your face is like Moonlight when the clouds are clear. Your smile's like an open invitation to roast dinner. How are you today?" he greeted cheerfully.

Initially the young girl was confused and surprised at his greeting.

He did not have to wait for a response because he gleefully continued and said: "I have practically travelled thousands of air miles. I have flown across high mountains, large seas and deep wide oceans to find you. You look so gloriously better alive. But I have only one question that I must ask of you to be sure my dear."

Da raised an eyebrow and smiled.

And although surprised at his cheekiness earlier, everyone loves a good compliment from time to time. So she felt flattered.

Didn't someone once suggest that positive flattery was the first step to a kissable lip-gloss after a smile?

It works all the time.

A genuine smile is often a disarming tool without fear. It is more effective than the threat of a smoking gun.

"Are you my dream girl?" he asked.

"What?"

For a moment, it seemed as though she'd had some sort of magical facial swap.

The girl in front of him had become very unfriendly and unlikeable in a matter of seconds. Even her earlier nice warm smile had disappeared. All that was visible on her pretty young face was bitterness. The sort which can only burn from within.

Edan moved a step forward.

He wanted to reassure her that he didn't mean any harm. That effort too was quickly grounded to a halt. She raised her hand of objection.

It was hostile.

Then she backed away sharply as though he was a Panther posing a threat.

Edan was embarrassed. What happened? Da Azrah frowned. "Anathema!" she said, barely in a whisper but her eyes burned.

She was furious! He didn't recognize what had gone wrong. Her eyes seemed wider and larger. He was certain of it. Because they did turn quickly from a high level of child innocence to the very lengthy arm of suspicion within five seconds flat.

In her ears, Da could hear nothing else louder than her mother's warning voice: 'Beware of the good looking ones,' she'd told her on many occasions. 'They're more likely to fan the flames of your ego. The ugly ones are ruthless, abstain.'

Her mother's advice now seemed to make sense to her. She suddenly thought that Edan's inquiry was as bizarre as the Taliban of Islamabad. His fanciful words of flattery didn't seem funny anymore.